buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

arkangelramirez
New Community Member

I agree with u I don't know how can be people so miserable that they take your money and give u a piece of trash its so good that paypal has this protection now because its not fair for people who is honest and we want to buy some product on eBay this type of people just give bad reputation to the web site

Login to Me Too

mswu0079

I bought two models from Great Models and paid through PayPal because I thought they have buyer protection plan.

When I received the shipment, there was only one model. I contacted the customer service of Great Models,

they told me they will send me the missing model. They never did. Then I open the dispute. A couple days

later I still did not receive any response from Great Models, I decided to escalate the case.

Guess what? PayPal closed the case pretty soon with the following statement:

"We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

This means, PayPal's protection won't work as long as the seller ships some junks to you. 

I guess I will stop using PayPal and go back to use my credit card for online shopping.

Login to Me Too

Dingo
Contributor
Contributor

The insurance thing is a good idea, but scam sellers aren't about to include this.  It wasn't offered when I purchased my Microsoft Windows XP operating disk from Ebay.  However, I got smart.  I doubted the authenticity of the disk, and when I checked it out with Microsoft, discovered that it fell under the criteria for being counterfeit.  Damaged and all, I mailed it off with the required paperwork, and after about a week, received a spanking clean, undamaged, fully functioning disk from them.  Now Microsoft has all the information from the seller that I was unable to get in touch with, and THEY will be conducting their own investigation.  Perhaps nothing will come of it, but maybe something will that will make the seller wish he had simply mailed off a second disk!   

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

That's AWESOME!!   Good for you!!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Just for the record,  my last message was directed to the person a few postings back, that got a NEW Operating System disc, directly through Microsoft because of a - Broken on arrival, Counterfeit OS disc from an ebay seller.  It was awesome of Microsoft to do that! I hope their Investigation works out well, these are the kind of Sellers we could do without. Anyway, It's good to hear your money wasn't a complete waste, like most of these postings say. It's good to hear some GOOD news for a change!!  BTW, my other message read " That's AWESOME!!  Good for you!!

Login to Me Too

RosaAlabama
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with the Beltal.com site.  I got the wrong item and it was defective.  Filed a dispute with them and with paypal since "the item was significantly different than ordered".  I foolishly thought that since I paid through paypal I would have protection.  My dispute was turned down because they are only concerned with shipping problems. 

Login to Me Too

oldlady

tonsterman
Contributor
Contributor

I kind have the same situation, in fact that is tree main reason for me join PayPal, The company I am dealing with said I could make four (4) payments, then they just take the frigging amount out of my account. Its a good thing I had enough funds, if it would have over drawn my account I would have been one unhappy Italians!!!! There  should be a law against that......    Tonnsterman..........

Login to Me Too

wow
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer who wants her money back or she wants me to send her another wallet like the one she bought because its been 6 days and she hasn't received the wallet. I looked up the tracking and explainced to her that i sent it first class so it could take longer and i could not possible give her a refund without receiving the wallet back then i would refund her money back, so she opened a file against me. I'm going to the post office tomorrow and they will tell me directly whether it was delivered or not and where. I have a feeling the tracking system on ebay only tells you when you should receive it. Now because you have proof of sending it via tracking i beleive this becomes a matter between the buyer and the postal office because you have no control over the postal system after all. So lets say the postal service says it was delivered to the correct address what then? does ebay still give their money back? If this is the case i think i will start sending the item with signature confirmation and pass the cost onto the buyer and or put a clause in when im selling there will be a re-stocking fee of my choice! What a pain this will cause when the buyer has to drive to the postal office to pick it up.

Login to Me Too

Macorichi
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, a buyer recently purchased a college text book from me. He realized after I shipped it and he paid that he needed software with the book and mine did not come with it. He then demanded a refund. I told him that all sales were final, this was stated in the listing, and nowhere in the listing did it say the book came with the software. So he opens a dispute and says the item was not as described. Now I put the link and everything into the chat message box and I know he doesn't have the right to a refund. Now this was opened on the 23rd of december, he has stopped answering me and has not closed te dispute. After the 20 days will I get my money back if he doesnt act? or will he be refunded the money If I dont upgrade it to a paypal claim. Or can I just let the time run out and the dispute will close and the money for the book will be returned to me. Thanks for all your help and time reading this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.