TDC Inc / EGoodz Seller (eBay)

Diabeticperson
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a 400 dollar (Rounded) netbook on ebay from a person who has 30,000+ sales, and a 99.7% seller rating.

This person, is "eGoodz".

I paid 20 dollars extra for fast shipping last Thursday. I recieved an automaited response at 4am giving me positive feedback. Since then, I have not been told my item was shipped, nor have I received the item. I have ordered several things on STANDARD shipping - and even they are in now.

I have sent 4 emails this past week, and over 100 phone calls (They never answer).

I looked at where my money was sent to, and was sent to a company called TDC Inc. I tried contacting them. What do you know! Their phone is down. Permanently, apparently.

I have already paid with Paypal last week immediately after I bought the item, and am still waiting on a response from the seller - Not expecting to get one as lately, his Positive rating went down .5% with everyone saying they aren't getting items/No contact, etc.

What do I do? Wait it out?

I expected to have this netbook on my trip coming up so that I could work on my research paper on the go. Now I don't think I can, and may just have to go buy ANOTHER computer to use until this one comes! I shouldn't have to do this.

What should I do? Where do I go from here? I really need that money back to buy another computer, but the seller DOESNT ANSWER ANYTHING!

Please Help!

Austin

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

As I mentioned on the other thread you posted on, file a chargeback with your credit card.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

And, btw, it wouldn't surprise me if this seller is uing a drop-shipper and the drop-shipper is out of stock.

Login to Me Too

Diabeticperson
Contributor
Contributor

What exactly is a drop-shipper?

And thanks for the info, I'm going to look at my other thread now to see it ^^.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

A drop-shipper is a company that will ship items directly to your customers.

You advertise the item for sale, sell it, get paid and then pay the drop-shipper to pull the ityem from their inventory and ship it on your behalf.

Which works just fine as long as the drop-shipper isn't out-of-stock and didn't forget to tell you, which happens a lot.

Login to Me Too

wordenme
Contributor
Contributor

I too ordered a notebook from eGoodz last week, mainly due to their long-term, pretty strong feedback record.  Then all of a sudden they close their Ebay store and their website is now defunct.  I have also sent several emails and tried calling with no luck.  If you look at their feedback profile, folks are still posting feedback for items that they won/ordered last week so that tells me that stuff is still being shipped. If you look at past feedback, shipping speed and communications have always been a problem.  I would give them another week and then initiate a dispute with either Ebay, Paypal or your credit card. The notebook I ordered was a pre-order with ETA of 5 Apr, so I still have some waiting to do and the lack of communication will make it that much harder to wait.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Then all of a sudden they close their Ebay store

They did not close their ebay store - ebay likely kicked them out.

Look at their feedback record and see if it says "Not a Registered User" on it.

I suggest that you open a dispute immediately here;

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolutionCenter&cf=20

on the basis of "Item not received".

If the seller is no longer a registered user, there's a notation of that in one of the drop-down boxes - click on that and it'll speed up your refund.

DO NOT WAIT on this, especially since their website has also disappeared.

Login to Me Too

Diabeticperson
Contributor
Contributor

The company doesn't seem to be closing down, but I am starting to see that it most definitely buys from backseller companies. If you google their company "eGoodz", it's the first link. As you can see, no items are anywhere on the page. Yet, he is still selling on eBay. So although it looks like it shut down due to the no contact, no items, etc, I don't think it actually has. It's just an appearance - I believe.

Since March 25th when I bought my item, his positive feedback has dropped from 99.7%, to 99%. Although this may not seem like a whole lot, one must see that he does have 30,000 feedbacks. With 17 negatives now in the first month.

To give an update on what I have done, On April 1st (This isn't an april fool's joke X-D) I called Paypal, told them about the seller. They looked over the sellers recent negative feedback, and automatically put me on a Receipt Claim shortly after I told them additional information of no communication I have recieved.

So, at this point, Paypal told me that if I have no item by April 12th, they will refund my money automatically. 

I am EXTREMELY happy with how helpful Paypal is in this regard. Definitely a trusted service for doing business with. Now as soon as I get my money back, I will be going to the store to purchase my laptop. No shipping, please! =-).

Hope this helps anyone who is looking for that light at the end of the tunnel as I was trying for!

(By the way, I filed mine a week after I bought my item. I decided I'm sick of waiting on an uncommunitive seller. So just tell Paypal what's up - They should be understanding, even if it has only been a little bit since you have purchased the item depending on your situation).

Austin

Login to Me Too

wordenme
Contributor
Contributor

The eGoodz Ebay store page is still active and eGoodz is still a registered member.  Feedback from satisfied and unsatisfied customers continues to roll in, which should indicate that eGoodz is still shipping items orders prior to 27 March.  eGoodz pulled all of their auctions and store items on the 27th.

I will still wait for another week since the item I ordered was technicallly a "pre-order" and the description gave a 5 Apr ETA.

Should I worry about getting a refund if I continue to wait?  The auction ad was covered by the Ebay guarantee, plus I should be covered by my credit card's fraud protection.

The lack of communication is the main problem.  From what I've read online this is a one-man operation, so for all we know the guy is sick or in the hospital.  Who knows?

Login to Me Too

Diabeticperson
Contributor
Contributor

^

If it is a one man operation, and he is in the hospital, it would be realy hard to send out items that people have bought after I bought mine, and possibly yours, too.

You will get a refund either way - It's a waiting game now though.

Even as it is a Pre-Order, I encourage you to not wait and call paypal (Don't do it online, as you can get your money back faster through phone).

What they do is once you tell them how you never got your item, complaints of people also not getting their item, etc, and tell them how you haven't been able to reach him and means by which you tried - they will give you a receipt claim.

This gives the seller, eGoodz, 10 days to provide the item or a refund. If he doesn't, the money is automatically refunded to your paypal account.

Seeing as 10 days is well passed the ETA, if you get it earlier - simply cancel the claim. There is a button online with your claim for just that. And let's say you get your item and it isn't as described. You don't have to wait those 10 days by starting a new claim; but instead you change the reason for your claim and the time counts down from what it was. At least that's how it appears to me.

Either way, I encourge you to start it ASAP and not wait for ETA. He obviously doesn't send his items on time - I even paid 20 dollars for advanced shipping. Or Priority shipping. What a joke X-D.

If you have any more questions on this process, I can gladly answer them.

Austin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.