Small and Large Flat Rate Boxes

ConniePayne

It's insane that eBay/PayPal won't allow you to ship Large or Small Flat rate boxes.  I sell ski suits - often they won't fit into the medium box.  Apparently PayPal has said they would update the website but has yet to do so??   What's up with that anyway?

ConniePayne

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

phillyhoseguy
Contributor
Contributor

I second that emotion. I've been printing my postage at the USPS web site, and decided to try using the automated links on eBay to save time. I'm going back to the USPS web site, because most of the items I'm shipping are in Small Flat rate Boxes. If I can't use those here, I have no reason to use this service.

Login to Me Too

pop
Contributor
Contributor

People the best solution that I see for shipping small flat rate from paypal is as follows: For free order the 9x6x2 priority boxes from the post office site which is larger than the small flat rate box and put into the flat rate envelope which ships for the same price as the small flat rate box and the envelopes are also free from the USPS site. The flat rate envalope is a paypal option. Now the box says it is solely for use in sending Priority Mail, now I may be stupid but I think that is what were using it for even when it's in the Priority Flat Rate Envelope. Now the envelope states it can ship ANYTHING THAT FITS without modifying it. I may be wrong but it seems perfectly legit to me and holds more than the sm flat rate box............... Voilà!!!Smiley Mad MNW1

Login to Me Too

clarkecycles
New Community Member

I just stuff the box in the envelope. Works fine, no problems.

Login to Me Too

realcargal
New Community Member

I agree, PayPal is insane.  Why would you lose out on millions of chances to collect fees????  It helps us (their customer) but their actions are usually driven by revenue enhancement.  USPS website, here I come.

Login to Me Too

k2s
Contributor
Contributor

Ok heres what I was told by a postal clerk but this is only for the small flat rate boxes ( this clerk is also an ebayer ) print the label for a flat rate envelope and put it on the box, I have been doing this for about 3 month's now and have not had a problem , it is the same rate

Login to Me Too

nevadadesert702
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome, thank you.  I'm going to do that right now with the flat rate envelope label.  The shipping cost was going to be almost double for me to use an envelope or regular box, instead of going with flat rate.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

colt22
Contributor
Contributor

That workaround will not work now that the rates have gone up for standard priority mail. That is unless you want to pay $5.44 to cover $4.85 postage due.

Login to Me Too

Nationwide50
Contributor
Contributor

Colt22,

Don't understand. Could you exlain a little more about which workaround you are referring to and why it won't work.

Ken

Login to Me Too

traderrick
New Community Member

I'm glad your post was here.  I thought I must be doing something wrong.  There had to be some way of choosing USPS LARGE flat rate shipping!  Now I know that large flat rate shipping isn't offered at PayPal.  That's dumb.  At least there is a work-around for the small boxes.  Who's the donkey that set up the shipping module?  Anyway?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.