Add Pay Now button to website

ZeeMac
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to set up a page on our website where our customers can go and make payment to us.  Doesn't have to be anything fancy.  Would just need a PAY NOW button and then our customer would be sent to PayPal secure site to enter the amount they are paying and their credit card information.  After submitting payment they would then be back to a "payment confirmed" page on our website. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

All basic stuff but, you should do some homework first.   Check out both of these guides:

Merchant Setup and Administration Guide

Website Payments Standard Integration Guide

The guides can be found here and will answer most if not all of your questions.

Next, ensure that you have either a Premier or Business Account.   Personal Accounts are intended for buyers or folks who want to send/receive funds from friends or relatives.   Permier and Business Accounts are intended for sellers and/or services and will allow customers/clients the option to pay with a credit card.

Once you read the documentation, if all you need a basic Pay Now (Buy Now) item button and you want to allow the customer to enter an amount on the PayPal Screens, just enter a 0 in the Amount Field when you are creating the button.

If you plan to use Add to Cart item button code, you must do your coding differently.  Check out the Pay Your Bill Online Examples here.    And be sure to read the tips.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ZeeMac
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.