Resolution Center RIPPED me off!

angryseller
Contributor
Contributor

This resolution center BLOWS!

I'm a guy selling stuff here and there to pay off student loans.

Some guy buys a cdrom from me off ebay and has it shipped to Germany.

Customs in Germany opens it and doesn't re-package it up again.

Cdrom gets broken in German transit and he files a dispute against me.

Why do I have to pay for the customs people destroying this product?

They were in his favor. He gets to send me back a broken cd-rom.

Im out the product, the shipping, the special packaging......for all I know, he copied the software and broke it himself.

How is this legit? They already froze the funds in my account.

On ebay I checked NO REFUNDS and he declined insurance!

I'm through with this paypal crap.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

The no returns policy is basically useless as Paypal & Ebay will override it anytime.

It is the sellers responsibility to get the package in working condition to the buyer. I know in this case you were not responsible due to customs but they still uphold that rule. You may want to not ship out of country in the future to avoid this from happening again.

Login to Me Too

angryseller
Contributor
Contributor

That's a good idea. I think I WILL stop shipping internationally. It's always a pain to have to wait in line at the PO and fillout the customs forms. Automated teller works so much smoother.

I can understand a business being responsible for damaged goods. I'd be upset if I ordered something from target.com or such places and it arrived broken.

It used to be that eBay was for ordinary Joe's, selling stuff on the side, like an online garage sale.

Now it's just a pain in the butt.

Sellers can't leave negative feedback?

Shipping  is controlled?

I had a HUGE item I was selling once and eBay wanted to cap my shipping at 4.00.

I've sold countless things, but it's just the software I've been selling recently that has given me problems and negative feedbacks. One guy realized he already owned the same software and wanted me to take the loss on a refund.

Another guy admitted he read in the description that one of the discs was only a trial disc, yet he bid anyway and then was angry about it and left negative feedback.

I think maybe people are copying these discs and then requesting refunds.

Login to Me Too

Twisted
Contributor
Contributor

luvstampin

your an advisor for paypal and your ansewer is to stop shipping international? Really?  So you know he is getting hosed by paypal..  If thats all you can come up with....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.