Problem sending money as gift

phflyer8784
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I sent a friend of mine money as a gift it shows unclaimed on my end but nothing on her end, is there somethig she needs to do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It depends on your credit card company. When sellers have refunded my credit card funded payment, the refund was reflected on my credit card statement within 1-2 days.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the payment has been sent using PayPal and the payment doesn't show in the recipient's PayPal account history, most likely the payment was sent to an email address which is not linked to the recipient's PayPal account.

You may have misspelled your friend's PayPal email address, or... your friend may have neglected to add that email address to her PayPal account.

If your friend has access to that email address, she should login to her PayPal account and "Add" the email address to her account. The payment will show up right after she confirms the email address.

Otherwise, you will need to cancel the payment and resend it to your friend's correct PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

phflyer8784
Contributor
Contributor

how long does it take once I cancel the transaction to go back on my card?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It depends on your credit card company. When sellers have refunded my credit card funded payment, the refund was reflected on my credit card statement within 1-2 days.

Login to Me Too

mingus2012
Contributor
Contributor

I keep sending a gift to a friend for 15 and he refunds me and tells me its sent as a payment.  I click on personal  and I then click on gift so what's going on? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.