Payment has been on hold after i shipped package?

sjlennon23
New Community Member

About a week and a half ago, i shipped a gameboy that i sold on ebay. After about 5 or 6 days, i contacted the person that i sent the gameboy too via ebay mail and they said to me that they got it and would leave feedback. When i shipped the package, i didnt use a printable shiping label, i just went to the post office and wrote down the adress of my buyer. Now even after contacting my buyer, my funds are still being held and i dont know why or what i can do in order to get my money for the gameboy. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
196 REPLIES 196

annie2294
Contributor
Contributor

I'M NEW AND THEY CONSIDER THE ITEM HIGH RISK THAT I WAS SELLING AND THEY GOT 1700 DOLLARS I'VE MY MONEY ON FIVE OR SO ITEMS. i DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL.ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE BILLS TO PAY.

Login to Me Too

Bruce
Contributor
Contributor

I need your help even after talking to paypal representatives. I was involved in a transaction with a company called Match My Auto Parts, located in Pomona, CA. I purchased a heater core for a 2000 Daewoo Lanos, in which I paid with paypal. After they said they had he part they sent me the wrong part. The item sold for $75.00, in which half ot the amount has been reinbursed. Paypal sent me an E mail letting me know that after I returned the incorrect part I would be reinbursed the rest of my money. I contact the company and they apologized for sending me the wrong part and I found out they never really had the part I needed because they apologized to me, and they also told me I could keep the incorrect part, they didn't want it back. So how do I get the $37.50, owed me. Your representatives told me to go to the resolution center to settle this dispute. I tried to retrieve the information in the history section but the information I needed was not listed. I am tired of this mess I have been going through to retrieve my money between Match My Auto Parts, and Paypal makes me one unhappy customer. Please give me the rest of my money, paypal, so we cxan end this craziness. It's been almost two months of kaos, please pay me my money.

Login to Me Too

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

It cost more to ship item overseas if you get delivery confirmation because you have to ship priority mail.

Login to Me Too

annie2294
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with that.

Login to Me Too

tonib
Contributor
Contributor

NONSENSE!  The language is VERY vague & should list guidelines (specific) as to what determines if a payment will be held.  Saying it MAY be held isn't good enough & it's unethical.

If I knew for example that pmts. would be held because I had an account less than 3 months or less than 10 positive feedback, then I'd know what to expect.

Paypal does NOT give specifics to determine IF they will hold funds so the SELLER will know for sure before they use paypal & it's obviously to paypal's benefit not to be specific!

Either it IS or IS NOT.  There are NO shades of grey when it comes to dealing with people's money, esp. in this economy.

Sellers don't have time to wait 21 days or at the whim of whether or not a buyer decides to leave feedback to determine when they will get their money because it means they are out of their item that they could have sold elsewhere (and probably will from  now on) & they have to wait 3 weeks for their money, then hope that the BUYER is ethical and will provide honest feedback.

Login to Me Too

marty
Contributor
Contributor

paypal can kiss my arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If I ever get my money I WILL CLOSE IT DOWN AND WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! NEVER !! 

THEY ARE STEALING OUR  MONEY !!!  

Login to Me Too

aenigma
New Community Member

I experienced the same thing of course. Sold my item for $688 and could not receive payment until positive feedback is provided. Sadly, after the whole mess with the buyer and him finally leaving feedback, i still had to wait for my money to clear. This was upsetting, especially since it's already been three weeks. I had to call Paypal Support and wait on the phone for twenty minutes to speak with someone, who realeased the funds immediately with a couple clicks! I also delivered USPS and entered the tracking number which was delivered over a week ago! This is not a conveinent way to do business with the amount of money involved. Hopefully, we will see a fix for this. Spend that extra money paypal, you will notice the return on investment.

Login to Me Too

aaron12

guys recieved the item left positive feedback and my money is still on hold? i dunno y we have to wait a month for our money expecially since they have the product

Login to Me Too

cholleo
Contributor
Contributor

i just called paypal customer service because item had been confirmed delivered for over a week and buyer was not responding to my emails or leaving feedback. The Paypal rep was very diligent in checking the items status and releasing my money. I was planning on leaving ebay and paypal behind but since the release was instant after the call, i might stick around after adjusting my sales terms. hope this helps. also when calling press zero alot and you will get to a rep asap.

Login to Me Too

vic55
Contributor
Contributor

We shouldn't have to waste our precious time calling PayPal to release funds when the delivery confirmation is available to PP because the label was printed through PP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.