Payment has been on hold after i shipped package?

sjlennon23
New Community Member

About a week and a half ago, i shipped a gameboy that i sold on ebay. After about 5 or 6 days, i contacted the person that i sent the gameboy too via ebay mail and they said to me that they got it and would leave feedback. When i shipped the package, i didnt use a printable shiping label, i just went to the post office and wrote down the adress of my buyer. Now even after contacting my buyer, my funds are still being held and i dont know why or what i can do in order to get my money for the gameboy. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
196 REPLIES 196

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

The seller has no rights. Who is making money for eBay and PayPal the seller. Unless they stop this policy I am through with eBay.

Login to Me Too

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you.

Login to Me Too

eljoyas4
Contributor
Contributor

i have 89 positive and my record on abay  and i sold 4 watches yesterday  and paypal hold the payment's ,,no way how paypal what's to hold my money for 21 days,, how i gone pay this merchandise to my provider,,,and now  the buyer's they give negative feedback,, they don't  understand us ,,as vendor's or seller's ,,no more paypal,,,,,,and eBay they don't want to give my fee's back,, I LOOSE MONEY $60,,NO WAY        

Login to Me Too

DeborahV23
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on ebay and it shipped on nov 10th. I recieve the payment in my pay pal, but it is on hold still?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@DeborahV23 wrote:

I sold an item on ebay and it shipped on nov 10th. I recieve the payment in my pay pal, but it is on hold still?

Did you provide PayPal with online viewable proof of delivery?

Login to Me Too

Temp20230531ar
Contributor
Contributor

@sandypurins wrote:

@DeborahV23 wrote:

Did you provide PayPal with online viewable proof of delivery?

thats bull even with proof of delivery my money was still held for 21 days 

Login to Me Too

mayor189

how do you provide paypal with online viewable proof of delivery

Login to Me Too

peanut
Contributor
Contributor

Its my understanding  that you submit tracking number to paypal on transaction and they can tell when item was delivered. If customer says they never got it and you have a tracking number and it says it was delivered than you are o.k. if no tracking number you can be **bleep**ed. Boils down to always get a tracking number no matter what. When item is delivered they make sure it was through tracking number andare suppose to release your money, not just from feedback or so I was tols by 3 different people. We will see.

Login to Me Too

mayor189

i sent package to an ebay buyer with a signautre confirmation but the payment is still on hold

its not the same tracking number that the paypal account shows

its a diffrent one i checked on usps and it got deliverd to her or him

how do i add the new tracking number or the signature number to paypal to have proof

Login to Me Too

peanut
Contributor
Contributor

What does paypal tracking number show, one from post office? I don't know if you can delete that one or not but I put in same tracking number that I post to ebay. I personally don't use post office if I can get around it,ups is more conveniant for me. According to paypal people and ebay people as soon as they can verify delivery(usually through a tracking number) money is sopposed to be release within 3 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.