Need Help! Seller shipped me wrong item, won't refund until she gets her goods back!

Outofluck
Contributor
Contributor

This was a transaction from a consignment Facebook Page. I used PayPal to send the money. When I got the box it hada TOTALLY different article of clothing in it than I ordered.

Contacted Seller and she claims husband accidentally switched the boxes and mailed my EXPENSIVE to someoneelse.

We wait 3 weeks for the other item to be "found", find out who got it, will they return it, etc.

Now I just want my $$$ back.

Seller says I should mail her the items I got and she will consider a refund.

But, doesn't that seem wrong? At this point the ONLY thing I have of value from the seller is her costume that maybe Ican re-sell for $50. But if I send it back...She has all the leverage again.

So I opened a dispute, but only for part of the money because I did it in two transactions and one of them I accidentallysaid "services" instead of goods! ARGH!

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to send the item or items back first.  Respectable professional online business owners will always want the item returned before issuing a refund.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Outofluck
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply - WOW! I had no idea I should send it back FIRST.

Maybe I should have done that before opening a dispute.

So, I insure and track to prove I sent it back...obviously. After I send it back I have nada.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.