From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

EticketJedi
Contributor
Contributor
Per: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/#27 ". What can I do to avoid having eBay item holds? Your payments WILL BE NOT HELD if you meet all the following requirements: * eBay Tenure: Greater than 6-months * Total Feedback score: More than 100 * Dissatisfied Buyers %: Less than 5%" Nice. So despite the 100% positive feedback, I'm **bleep**ed because I'm only at 96 instead of 100. Awesome. Well hopefully my funds will be free tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. It's been a week since payment so I guess I only have 2 weeks to go at worst. Positive feedback in this case is a non issue since the buyer just seems to leave feedback in bulk on a monthly basis.
Login to Me Too

shayner

Don't  worry - I meet all of:

Your payments WILL BE NOT HELD if you meet all the following requirements:

• eBay Tenure: Greater than 6-months
  • Total Feedback score: More than 100
  • Dissatisfied Buyers %: Less than 5%

This is a blatant lie. PayPal still held my funds. I have been a member of EBAY with 100% feedback since 1999 and have sold several thousands of $'s worth of items with no complaints.

I will no longer use PayPal when I  sell, but, will continue to buy on EBAY and will buy with  PayPal when I feel like it but will NEVER leave feedback of any type until this policy is changed. I figure the more people waiting 21 days the more backlash.

Login to Me Too

menderone
Contributor
Contributor

Ya know? You may be on to something here. What BETTER way to stick it back to Paypal..heck ALL sellers affected by this should do that!  It will get to the point that it will eventually lead to nothing but frustration up to the point that NO ONE but BUYERS will use Paypal....then what will happen in that? There will be NO MORE sellers using paypal. and in turn there will be such an unignorable loss of revenue perhaps half of what they USED to get, until they revert to the way it was and feel that they are losing WAY more in keeping this policy than they were in keeping the OLD policy and as such will be forced to choose the lesser of both evils, HOPEFULLY.

Login to Me Too

Lexie2002
Contributor
Contributor

I am a buyer.  Can I jump on the seller's bandwagon?  What is happening to sellers is unacceptable, puts a bad taste in my mouth and I am sure I am not the only buyer who feels this way.  Anymore buyers out their empathize with the sellers on this lousy new ebay/paypal policy?

Login to Me Too

menderone
Contributor
Contributor

Thank YOU! Welcome aboard! I as well as I'm sure all of us affected by this appreciate hearing from a buyer who can have empathy with respect to this ludicrous policy. In fact.. I can say that I just had to end what would have been a nice and pleasant sale, and ended up refunding the buyer their money after having exchanged some at first dissapointing , then pleasant emails despite our both losing out by this..and as such due to this loss I have completely removed paypal as an option for payment, and due to the fact that paypals "acceptable" forms of payment in the categories that I sell will STILL leave me dealing with this problem, there is absolutely NO  viable option for me other than to NOT use ebay at ALL to sell. (as their "acceptable" forms of payment, which are paymate, propay, and moneybookers..all shake paypals hand in using the same policy)..which eventually cause all of the sellers affected by this policy to basically have no choice but to abandon selling on ebay altogether. And I SOOOOOO hope that happens, and I'm pretty sure it WILL after they are fed up with it. Paypal needs to be boycotted.

Login to Me Too

menderone
Contributor
Contributor

P.S. the reason I say that ebays acceptable forms of payment are not different than paypal is that the accepatable forms of payment are Propay, which is useless to anyone but powere sellers as those are the only sellers who can use them, paymate, which is useless to new sellers because you have to have a minimum of 10 feedback and a rating of 98% or better, and money bookers, reason they no more usefula than paypal is because they charge larger fees, STILL hold your funds as well, and as such all shake hands together with paypal, which is why they "accept" these companies only. and as such is nothing more than an attempt to monopolize (paypal is owned by ebay) that will end up falling flat on it's face.

Login to Me Too

me-1
Contributor
Contributor

I too think paypal should be terminated

I am trying monybookers

I no longer feel that paypal is an honest business 

I wonder how moneybookers will work, and if that will not help with my payments not being held I am going to sell on ebids!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Right on Me-1!!!!!!! I just started on ebids myself and I am looking

for an alternate to paypal. That is exactly how to protest!

Login to Me Too

katieh
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I joined Ebid a few months back but found that hardly any of my auctions would sell!  Items i could put on ebay and sell with in a day or two wouldnt go on Ebid. I paid the 16.00 or so cant remember and gave them a try. I was depressed to think that we are chained to the big evil Ebay cause things sell on Ebay period. They just rob you on fees though!!!!!!!!  Anybody else have any luck with Alternate auction sites?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.