From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

JosieP
Contributor
Contributor

<<<<<<<<< if you are mailing something small (like a coin or stamp) You have to ship in a larger mailing envelope to be elegible for tracking, and that places you in a higher postal rate,  combine the higher rate and the tracking, also the price of the envelope, a $2.00 coin sale now takes a loss. <<<<

Put a couple of styrofoam peanuts in your envelope. More than 1/4" thick qualifies it for First Class Parcel and DC is an additional 19¢, which is annoying but not terribly hateful.  I don't think you have to use a larger mailing envelope, just make sure the flaps will close once you put the peanuts in.

Login to Me Too

mypatch
Contributor
Contributor

Not such a stupid policy.  PP gets a kick back on postage if you use their label making.  PP is  for PP.  they don't care if you get your money or not.   It's a matter of control and E-bay and PP are both control freaks.

Login to Me Too

geisha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys

Well this is so stupid for paypal to hold our founds like this and keep giving there bs on this. What i have done is open a complaint with the BBB and they took the case and they do have paypal inc in there system with more complaints like this if any one out there does want to change this. This is one way to start for those who do want to here is the link just enter your zip code or the name of the business and will show you how step by step to open a complaint on it.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Home.aspx

is time to stop this monopoly they have on ebay with paypal to much bs that we cant get pay with money order or checks only ture them and now this to much is to much no more of this.

Login to Me Too

JoshUNC

Hello,

Never ship ANYTHING without a tracking number! I learned this the hard way and lost out on a $200 order all because I did not get tracking... and also get signature confirmation on any order shipping out over $200... it's worth the expense.

Here's a way to get tracking on parcel post packages... without paying retail price!

Go to USPS.com website and in the search box at the top right of the page enter "Shipping Assistant" without quotes.

The thing I like the most about this program is it saves all your shipping info in case you ever need to look anything up.

Login to Me Too

wheliebar
Contributor
Contributor

Item sold on Dec 14 and delivered on Dec 17. A 3 day completion and I have to wait 3 weeks for my money since people don't leave you feedback. What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Kbates120806
Contributor
Contributor

Let us not forget that when the funds ARE released, Pay Pal sends an email message that states:

"You asked us on Dec 18, 2009 to transfer $ USD from your PayPal account to your bank account. We are processing your request.

The transfer normally takes 3-4 business days.

The money should be in your bank account by Dec 22, 2009.

We will email you if any problems occur with your request."

Three to four business days?! This is ridiculous. I won't sell anything else. Its too much of a hassle.

Login to Me Too

dvdnewcome
Contributor
Contributor

I agree whole heartedly.  I have been with EBay... Pay     pal almost a year now in that year I have sold over 1200 Items and have received over 875 Positive Feedbacks, but ..........everytime I turn around there is more and more BS laid on me by one or the other. I bend over back words to make my customers happy....but I guess that doesn't matter, a buyer has one little complaint and your in the dog house  with ebay.

Today I received an email from one of my cusomers  that I have delt with a few times and I always received good feed back from now all the sudden they a claiming they have not received two seperate items, one ,I could believe, but 2 no way even if it is the holiday season and mail is behind.. I wonder how many other buyers will jump on this band wagon with all this stuff going on and receive refunds for items they receive but claim they didn't.

I signed up with EBIDS today after checking them out. They accept PayPal but they also accept Google Checkout, Money orders and personal checks. They have much the same format as ebay but no listing fees and a flat 3% from your gross sale. Here is the linkMy eBid Auction HQ 

Give them a try it can't hurt any thing and may be the answer to this new policy!!!

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

Its seriosly annoying but i take the time and go through 10 minutes of clicking this button that button copy and pasting the item number and the tracking number showing the item delivered and demand MY fundss be released. In an email to pay pal. So far this has been working but im in the process of switching to a company called  aurthorizedotnet( if i put the link paythief will just remove it) im just wiating unpatiently for it all to go through and wondering when these morons are gonna freeze my acount. i know its only a matter of time so every day i transfer as much money out as possible.

Login to Me Too

Peekaboo000

Is there a particular reason you ship only buy parcel post?

Login to Me Too

theinnovgrp
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped items within 2-5 days after payments were  made via Priority Mail, Confirmation #s provided, funds still on hold, according to their explanation, funds will be on hold until the 31st, the 2nd, and the 4th, depending on the date of payment. Items shipped on the 18th, and most arrived by the 21st, and I still have not been paid, and there still has been no feedback, and from what I read, the money is held until shipped and positive feedback left. If you call and ask, this policy is supposed to benefit the buyer and the seller. Does anyone out there no of any other auction and payment acceptance companies without these conditions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.