From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

There are a lot of different auction seller places-craig's list,ebids,ioffer,etsy,ibids.

Different check outs like paypal are paymate,google checkout,first data merchant.

You just have to go to them and see I guess. I went with ioffer myself and haven't

picked a check out option yet. Fees are better on almost all these places and some

free.

Login to Me Too

tonib
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but that;'s not true.  I just a had a 21 day hold & I add tracking to EVERY package at my expense to protect myself.  I also email the buyer the tracking info. via paypal & still could not get my money until the buyer left feedback to prove they were satisfied with the item they purchased!

The hold is not just so that they buyer gets the item, it's to ensure they are satisfied with it, so if they're not and want a refund, the money is still in your acct.

Login to Me Too

AphroditezApple
Contributor
Contributor

I call them and complain and as long as it is 3 days after the item has been received they always release it , but it is a pain in th ebutt to call everytime to get my money released it wastes my time, but i need tha tmoney to ship the rest. and to the poster a couple post back, I don't think its a matte rof how old the paypal account is because I have had the same paypal acocunt for about 5 years now, no I'm defiantly not a new user and I think it effected everyone unless you sell over a curtain amount, I had thought about just buying something small and dumb to sell over that amount so they dont hold it. I'm not for exactly curtain but I think its 12 things a month

Login to Me Too

torite-jutsu
Contributor
Contributor

Listen, it is either one, but, either one is unacceptable!

If they dont leave feedback expect to wait more than 21 days for your money.

Feedback is needed for faster payment and these buyers DONT CARE.

I have been in communication with 4 customers who said they have received my items, but have not yet left feedback because 'I AM WAITING FOR HUBBY TO CHECK IT OUT OVER THE WEEKEND. THEN HE WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK'. yeah, right. OR 'I havent had time.' OR they just dont respond.

I have been giving positive feedback as soon as customers pay, because I was told this is the end of their commitment.

THIS IS NO LONGER TRUE.

I am now going to start explaining on my auction if you wait more than 3 days after accepting your item to leave feedback, I will no longer be so nice on the feedback pages.

This is really BS!

Login to Me Too

amnost
Contributor
Contributor

I uploaded the tracking number a week ago, and the item arrived at the buyer's house today. How much longer do I have to wait until PayPal's tracking number system realizes that the item was delivered and it can release my funds now? 

Login to Me Too

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There...if I were you I would send paypal the tracking info and attatch a copy of the info of the shipping co. you used. Then get them on the phone. I learned this through my own experience and its the only way I have found to get it done with any kind of a timely manner.

craig

Login to Me Too

evergreen2222
Contributor
Contributor

I placed the tracking code in the paypal system. The package was delivered and signed for. How do I get paypal to release the money?

Login to Me Too

mattieomoore
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome article menderone!  Thanks for the tip.  I didn't know I had so many options.  Oh, and sorry to the power sellers I dissed earlier.  It just seemed like that  was what was happening.  Now I know that there is no rhyme or reason to it...

Login to Me Too

menderone
Contributor
Contributor

Anytime mattieomoore, eh eh.. I figured since I saw you asked , what better way to get the message across. as well as to ALL whom would like to know the many, so I figured why not find em ALL and low and behold, it's sweet as pie to have found ONE place with the answers. Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

photocat
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted Sky News here in 

uk today and they will have one of their experts look into this...

It seems that it is indeed illegal to put holds on money that is not theirs.

The are in vague illegal edgy territory here,,, But one thing is sure: IT IS NOT THEIR MONEY AND THEY SHOULD NOT GET INTEREST ON OUR MONEY...

I have some more newspapers to call now... 

PayPal Customer Service:

1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center"
(a U.S. telephone number)

is the number to call to claim your money with a hold on...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.