From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

burgandyrock

i am not going to use paypal anymore, i sold my echoplex to save my les paul in pawn , it is due today and i have no access to my funds in paypal, so if i lose my les paul, paypal is going to buy me another 1979 les paul standard sunburst, becouse the buyer has had his echoplex for a week, this is greed on thier part my collecting the interest from MY MONEY,so from now on i will state cashires check only, and f@$k paypal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Catherine
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! That truly bites! Its a shame that you had to sell such a great guitar in the first place. I have a family full of musicians so I truly understand how you feel.

I have shipped a diamond wedding ring to Nigeria! I am now overdrawn at the bank because it cost me $189 to ship which the buyer has paid for most of the shipping but of course paypal still hasn't released funds so all of my debits bounced! It seems to me that the way to use paypal is if you don't need the money right.

Thanks for responding.

Cathy

Login to Me Too

BuzzinNH
Contributor
Contributor

I called and spent 20 mins on  the phone talking to two people who barely spoke the language. All they kept saying is "I understand you problem, but that is the policy" I am all done with those idiots. There should be no legal way they can hold our money. They told me it was to protect customers who buy items that could be damaged in shipping. I SHIPPED BOOTS, how are they going to break. I sold a $200 motorcycle windshield over the summer and the money went directly in. This is such a random practice. PAYPAL sucks

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

Not only that but if you ship with insurance ( I always due for the amount plus shipping ) the buyer is protected if it gets damaged. You are right about the responses. I called about a dispute I had and the he kept telling me " I understand ". That is the canned response to dissatisfaction. I told them why I was ticked about PayPal and the guy told me he used to be a seller and he didn't have a  problem with the rules. That was 1 year ago. PayPal was better a year ago. It seems like it the last 6-8 months things have gotten really bad. I like a previous posters reply. If they are going to hold your money , give the buyer a refund and relist. Get the transaction refunded in Ebay also. The PayPal guy also told me the reason for no more non electronics payments was the dispute rate was 8% for those transactions. He mentioned taking checks or Bank cert. checks and the number of complaints about bogus payments. I only took Postal Money orders as I could immediately verify if they were fake at the post office. They are full of it. They know unlesss you sell $5000 or more per month a credit card machine costs more than the savings of leaving PayPal. ( PayPal 3% , CC machine 2% plus monthly fees )

Login to Me Too

Catherine
Contributor
Contributor

That is so true.

Login to Me Too

Bearpatch
Contributor
Contributor

Catherine - I just called PayPal (even though I dont currently have an issue with them, but have had plenty in the past), according to Justine that I spoke with, she knows of no investigation currently going on and even if there was, it would be against PayPal policy to tell me, not to mention against the law because there are privacy laws in place that become an issue, so ... if someone told you the FBI is involved they have lied to you! Frankly, they can't tell you anything, so you might want to call them back and speak to someone else because you were lied to.

Login to Me Too

Catherine
Contributor
Contributor

Well did you really think they would tell you! This is the only reason I have posted my comments. I only wish someone had warned me. They lied to you.

Login to Me Too

Bearpatch
Contributor
Contributor

So let me get this straight, you clicked on a link in someone else's email that you "thought" was PayPal and you "think" you have money, you sent merchandise and now you have nothing ... ? SHAME ON YOU! If you dont type in the address yourself you deserve to get scammed, DUH! Are you an internet rookie or just stupid?

As for PayPal and their reps? Now seriously ...

@Catherine wrote:

Well did you really think they would tell you! This is the only reason I have posted my comments. I only wish someone had warned me. They lied to you.

Did I really think they would tell me? Well why not, they seem to have told you ... so you seem to think that they lied to me and not to you?  Call your local FBI office and see what they say (dont click on someone else's link or let someone dial it for you, you CALL THEM and ask.  I will be you that they have nothing ... they know nothing.  They have your typical scam artists that they are following up on all the time, but this "case" is nothing new.  Don't jump to conclusions that PayPal will tell you something that will put them in jeopardy of being sued because if they told you anything they would be sued, for a breach of privacy, call em back and see what the next person says.

Login to Me Too

Catherine
Contributor
Contributor

Well I guess I am stupid! I thought this was actually a Paypal Community Help Forum. I didn't know that I would be receiving insults or I would have just said nothing. Please do not respond to me email ever again. You are an idiot.

Login to Me Too

Bearpatch
Contributor
Contributor

@Catherine wrote:

Well I guess I am stupid! I thought this was actually a Paypal Community Help Forum. I didn't know that I would be receiving insults or I would have just said nothing. Please do not respond to me email ever again. You are an idiot.

"Please do not respond to me email ever again. You are an idiot."  First of all, I don't respond to you email, it is in response to the thread so get over yourself ... this frankly has nothing to do with you.

I am amazed at all the things people have to have a license or training for, but the internet is not one of them and then people whine and complain because they got hosed, you know what ... if you don't know what you are doing, stay away.  eBay, while it was well-intentioned in the beginning, has become a place for predators to hang out and those that are naive enough to think that it is all puppy dogs and flowers really need to stay away.  People will take advantage of you in a heartbeat if you let them,.  Try this ... assume that everyone is out to take advantage of you and go from there, please be suspicious of everyone and you are less likely to get burned.  I hate to say it but in this day and age it is a CYA world, that is what PP has done and is doing, get used to it or move on.  Either way, there is someone right behind you that will sell stuff or take advantage of others, you aren't keeping anyone in or putting anyone out of business.  Its a sad world but it is reality.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.