From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

torite-jutsu
Contributor
Contributor

402- 935-2050

888-221-1161

Call these farkwads and complain.

Would you believe I just completed my 21 day fund wait and today is the day the funds are to be released and THEY HAVE NOT RELEASED MY FUNDS!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHH

with 100% Positive rating these farkers could see that some of us out here are legitimate!

Fark PayPal.

I am calling the news.

Here in the NYC area, we have a little station called 'ABC'. Here it is channel 7.

They have a '7 on your side'  segment. I am calling them right now!

CALL YOUR LOCAL NEWS!

Calling PayPal will not help you. The government will not help you.

We need to embarass them. We need to call out the bully and kick their (here let me do it) ## BLEEP ##.

You must help yourselves by calling the news!

Good luck PayPal.

Login to Me Too

glacius_inferno
New Community Member

I'm new to selling items on ebay. I to find this policy to be a nuissance. It doesn't solve anything and paypal can risk losing members. All sellers have to do now is just ask for cash mail and problem is solved. I've used paypal as a buyer only because it's safe and secure but now it's just getting on my nerves.

I also work part time and go to school part time so my funds also includes in shipping

Login to Me Too

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I've been selling on eBay since 2001 long before Paypal existed.

When personal cheques and money orders were the norm, I shipped on receipt, deposited the paper payment and waited for it to clear.

Sometimes the cheque bounced.

Then Western Union had a system whereby they would notify the seller that the paper MO was on its way. I would ship on that notification. About a week later the paper MO would arrive, I would deposit it and wait for it to clear.

It was not unusual to ship eight or ten days before the payment arrived, never mind cleared. (Note I am in Canada and both the mail and the bank can take longer than in the US, although Canadian MOs cleared instantly)

Then the scammers figured out how to play the system .

Frankly, the up to 21 day hold is a lot faster and more certain than the money order days.

And again, if you use Delivery Confirmation you will get your money faster than 21 days. If you encourage your buyer to leave feedback immediately (perhaps by leaving it yourself?) you will get your money faster than 21 days. If the item is moving slowly in the mail and doesn't arrive until Day 30 , you will already have your money for a week, when the buyer gets his widget.

Login to Me Too

exper
Contributor
Contributor

EticketJedi
Contributor
Contributor
So how long does PayPal take to release funds once an item is delivered? My shipment is listed as delivered as of yesterday per USPS and per PayPal's own tracking link, yet the main page just lists it as shipped and my funds are still pending. kkootenay, I understand your points but you don't seem to understand anyone else's in here. Yes the money order and check system has flaws. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal. They only recently implemented this policy and things worked fine through PayPal itself without it.
Login to Me Too

tjumper78
Contributor
Contributor

they are supposed to release the fund 3 days after the delivery is made, even without the buyer leaving a feedback.  HOWEVER, IT IS NOT WORKING LIKE THAT. 

for my recent 3 transactions, paypal did not release my fund until the buyers left feedbacks.  the goods were delivered and confirmed many days before.

when i sent an email to paypal to complain about this, i got an automated reply telling me to call them.  call for what?  to get a release on funds that were mine from the beginning? it is a pain in the butt to call these people because i get tossed around like a ping pong ball, and 4 out of 5 reps dont even speak proper english.

why the hell did they implement this rule if they could not even practice it correctly?

Login to Me Too

Michael72
Contributor
Contributor

As a seller I'm out of pocket for these expenses...

1. Cost of item sold

2. Listing Fee

3. PayPal Fee

4. Shipping Cost

5. Insurance Cost

The buyer pays PayPal, who holds my money until I receive positive feedback or 21 days. They hold MY MONEY as if it's their's to do what they choose with!! No interest provided, nothing. They just hold it. If I want to pay even more money and pay for tracking, then I'm given the pleasure of having to contact PayPal (by phone, because they refuse to help by e-mail) and ask for my money EVERY TIME a buyer doesn't leave feedback. PayPal is finally generous enough to release MY MONEY to me and now I have to wait another 3 or 4 days for them to send it to my account! Of course if I have a PayPal debit card, it's available right away. Sure it is! That's because they want everyone to have one of  their debit cards so they can earn MORE FEES from the companies you use the debit card with! They could transfer the money quicker than 3 or 4 days. They choose not to so they can try to force your hand in getting a debit card so they can earn more fees!

So I have a way around this, I'll just request payment by money order. Well, now that Ebay purchased PayPal, amazingly they no longer allow money order or cashier check payment for most auctions! Of course they don't. If they allowed that, they couldn't force sellers into paying the PayPal fee. So now I'm stuck paying an additional fee to PayPal, in addition to my Ebay seller fees!

Ebay and PayPal are absolutely terrible for sellers! They're forcing us into accepting terrible policies and they are holding OUR MONEY for up to 3 weeks simply because they can get away with it. How is it legal for them to hold our money for 3 weeks, earn interest on it, and not pay that interest to us?!?!?!? We have no voice, and no power. They have a virtual monopoly on the online auction market and we're stuck with a take-it-or-leave-it policy that keeps reaching deeper and deeper into our pockets! I am absolutely disgusted by their practices. 

Login to Me Too

kateed
Contributor
Contributor

here, here...bravo!  I said exactly the same thing to eBay & PayPal when I quit selling on eBay on Monday!  Been a member since 1998 and have 100% rating….. They pulled one too many when eBay gave the buyer a refund without even asking me what happened.  I gave them an earful, removed all my listings (PowerSeller and all), moved my money out of PayPal and waived goodbye.  I am feedup with getting NO RESPECT and NO, I am not related to Rodney Dangerfield...but I feel like I am.  I have a lot of friends that I have met on eBay...they have quit, too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.