Ebay checkout with Ebay Bucks

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

I am NOT new to this process, Ebay or Paypal. What's happening is that I come from Ebay to pay for a purchase. Paypal tells me to sign in. I put in my password, hit "enter" and a search screen comes up, rather than being able to continue the transaction. It does show that I'm logged into Paypal, so I choose to "send money". When I get to that screen, and it wants to know what I want to pay for, I say ebay items. It tells me to go through ebay's checkout! This has just happened to me in the last couple of months.

Then, I get the seller's paypal id and pay with that. Doing that means I don't get credit for the purchase with Ebay Bucks. What the *bleep* is going on??!?

damia1966

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

You've got me. I read back on the thread and saw that someone had trouble, thinking it had been used, but it hadn't. I confess to lax bookkeeping, so I may well have missed the $1.33 discrepancy, since it was so small. And, to reiterate again, it was only so small because I didn't get credit for so many transactions. <sigh>

And also, reading back in the thread, I see it's been almost exactly a month since I talked to PayPal. Yes, there were holidays in there, but. Just sayin'... I've heard nothing.

rnckrnw

Login to Me Too

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor
An addition to my prior note. I did NOT, in fact, use the $1.33. I just got a reminder to use it from eBay. So now I've sent a note to their customer service. Argh!
Login to Me Too

BaxxSC
Contributor
Contributor

Please Paypal_Amanda, can you see what the problem is??  I posted on this board in November of 2009 after having the problem of inability to use my ebay bucks.  They were showing up fine and subtracting from the total, but when I followed ebay checkout, and tried to log into paypal, it took me to the search screen mentioned in the thread.

The purchase I am currently working on requires me to pay for it (buy it now) before actually 'winning' it, so I can't go to Paypal and use the redemption code (doesn't work anyway!!! for any item it tells me I must use EBAY Checkout!!! what good does the code for paypal do if it doesn't work??)

I , among others, have talked on the phone with people who don't have a clue, but obviously it's a problem.  I'm fixin to be out 9 ebay bucks (not much, but still some to me) because I can't get the paypal/ebay/whatever system to work like it's supposed to??

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

We've been looking in to this and have not identified any issues. To help us troubleshoot, please confirm that you are enrolled in the eBay Bucks program and that you have made qualifying purchases.

If you are seeing an error message please let us know the exact error message you're seeing. If you are not sure the amount has been applied to your transaction, check both the running balance of your PayPal account immediately before and after the transaction and the transaction details for funding information. 

Also, make sure that your eBay ID has been registered to your PayPal account.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

BaxxSC
Contributor
Contributor

Well, after my last post and email to paypal (to which I recevied absolutely no response- twice), I tried to purchase again... lo and behold it finally works!!!  I didn't lose my bucks and i didn't get taken to the search screen!

Thank you!

bb

Login to Me Too

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

bb -

I've had the same experience! I just completed a transaction, properly, for the first time since Oct. 13. Of course I've heard *nothing* from either ebay or paypal as to this resolution. BUT, it seems to finally be working, again. As to the lost eBay Bucks, again, haven't heard anything, but I guess I'll just have to **bleep** it up and call it a "learning experience.

rnckrnw, who missed out on no less than $4 in eBay Bucks last quarter.

Login to Me Too

saramcd
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that is encouraging, at least.

Maybe I'll have to purchase something small, just to see if it works for me, too.

I will report back 🙂

Login to Me Too

saramcd
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an email to eBay explaining, in quite some detail, the entire problem.  eBay answered that it was not an eBay problem, but a PayPal problem and that they were forwarding my email to PayPal.  That was over a week ago and, not surprisingly, I have had no reply from PayPal.

Like the original poster, this is not a new problem and has been going on for some time.  When I first encountered the problem, I spent a good bit of time on the phone with PayPal, who seemed perplexed at the problem.  Come to think of it, in the last six months, I have had several PayPal problems - and every one of them seems to be perplexing to PayPal support (?).

I am reticent to lose another hour of my life on the phone to PayPal only to have the problem not fixed again -- just to be able to claim these stupid eBay Bucks (my emails from eBay warning me that I am about to lose my $5 in eBay bucks are salt on the wound.)  I'm just going to forget it (I'm sure they like that, too).  It's not worth it.  But all in all, this is just one more thing that is causing me to, slowly but surely, purchase less and less and have fewer and fewer dealings with eBay/PayPal.  I rarely even shop on eBay any more.  Too aggravating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.