Ebay checkout with Ebay Bucks

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

I am NOT new to this process, Ebay or Paypal. What's happening is that I come from Ebay to pay for a purchase. Paypal tells me to sign in. I put in my password, hit "enter" and a search screen comes up, rather than being able to continue the transaction. It does show that I'm logged into Paypal, so I choose to "send money". When I get to that screen, and it wants to know what I want to pay for, I say ebay items. It tells me to go through ebay's checkout! This has just happened to me in the last couple of months.

Then, I get the seller's paypal id and pay with that. Doing that means I don't get credit for the purchase with Ebay Bucks. What the *bleep* is going on??!?

damia1966

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Amanda411

Hi All,

To clarify, eBay Bucks certificates, which are good for 30 days, are issued 4 times a year specifically, January, April, July and October.  The redemption codes will be sent in an email and will also be displayed on your "My eBay" pages in the eBay Bucks section.

To learn more check here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/ebay-bucks.html

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Starrynite
New Community Member

I did all of what was said to do and it took the amount off my total but when I logged into my PayPal account they took out the whole dollar amount without my eBay bucks being used.

What is the point to them if I'm having to pay full price anyways?!?

Login to Me Too

dennydf

I seem to be having the same problem as are all these other posters. I do have a ebay buck certificate number however, THERE IS NOWHERE TO ENTER IT!!!!! I have tried several times to my frustration.....and wasted my time! My bucks (approx 20.00) expire on Feb 8th. Unfortunately for me I had to pay that extra 20.00 at time of checkout that I didnt budget for in these tough times. Hope for a resolution.....

Login to Me Too

dhp
Contributor
Contributor

I have an eBay Bucks certificate for $16.42 (no code number) which expires on February 8th.  I am requesting that this amount be deducted from my last transaction on 1/9/2010 for item number 290385769601 (cranberry chandelier).

Login to Me Too

dhp
Contributor
Contributor

The eBay bucks certificate was applied to my last purchase.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

naturelovernut
New Community Member

2dogs
New Community Member

I've had the same problem with checking out between ebay and paypal. I have not tried to use my husbands ebay bucks yet but as I am reading here, I can see it's going to be a problem. Could someone please tell me if ebay bucks is a ebay program or  a paypal program. When I email ebay for support about ebay bucks, they redirected my questions to paypal, "I can see your question relates to paypal so I have redirected your message to paypal". So, let me see, you are participating in a program that you cannot give any info.about? What the heck is up with that? Why do they call it Ebay bucks if it is actually a paypal program? (According to Ebay Support Response)

Another problem I have with the Ebay Bucks is that they are only giving it to select Ebay users...what kind of **** is that. My husband has an Ebay account and only had 2 feedback when they invited him to participate in the program...which is a bunch of horse manure. They should have given this to Ebay users who have developed a buying and selling feedback, they have earned it!!!

From what I can see, this program is stinking already so maybe I don't care about earning the bucks, as it may turn out to be a headache more than it's so called "Rewards"...

Login to Me Too

saramcd
Contributor
Contributor

This exact same thing is happening to me.  I try to pay through eBay Checkout, which brings me to the PayPal login page.  After I login, I simply get a page that says "Please try again" with a search box and "Enter a word or phrase into search box and try again."  So I, like the OP, have to pay via the "Send Money" link which won't take the eBay certificate.  I dread having to get on the phone with PayPal and go round and round for 1/2 a day.  Has anyone found why this is happening?

Login to Me Too

damia1966
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU!!!! I'm not the only one experiencing this exact same problem. I did get on the phone with PayPal customer support (eh), and escalated past the first line. I was told that it was being escalated both on PayPal and Ebay. I have heard nothing since. Meanwhile, I was easily able to use the $1.33 Ebay bucks gc I had, but was unable to get God-knows-how-many more bucks last quarter because of this problem. I'm sure Ebay and PayPal could figure out exactly how many dollars I missed out on, but I'm not hopeful that anyone will make this effort. Just from the "service" I've seen on addressing this issue (NOT), I'm ready to ditch 'em entirely. I've been on Ebay under this ID, and another previously, since 1999 and haven't had this kind of irritation. All I can hope for is for some employee to be watching this thread and deciding to act on it!

Highly frustrated,

rnckrnw

Login to Me Too

saramcd
Contributor
Contributor

How were you able to successfully use your eBay Bucks with PayPal?  Since it won't let me in through eBay Checkout, and I try to complete the transaction through "Send Money," it then tells me I can't use the certificate unless I checkout through eBay.  Well, DUH!!!  How frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.