Ebay Purchase Problem. Any Help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Zfizzle
New Community Member

I recently sold a iPhone on eBay. I am a seller that has a rating of 74 with 100% feedback. The item sold to a buyer in Norway. 30 + days have past and the buyer claims he has not received the iPhone. He instructed me on how to ship it. Small flat rate international box. His paypal payment when received went under review and his address was unconfirmed. He did have a 100% feedback rating so I shipped the phone to his instructions. It ended up that he wanted it shipped a way there was no way of tracking it, which I did not know this at the time. I thought it could be tracked via customs number, which it can not. Upon review, and a trip to the USPS Post Office I found that his country Norway does not accept celluar devices into his country. I did not keep records and have no receipt. What are my options. He says he is going to contact the authorities if I do not issue another phone of refund his money. Is this possible, do I have any defenses or do I have to refund his money. It has been a nightmare. I feel that if I refund the money I am admitting guilt, or I am being scammed.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to be the one to tell you but if you did not get a tracking number or delivery confirmation on the phone all the buyer will have to do is open a dispute to have his funds returned. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I think you're being scammed, but I think you're also out of luck if you cannot prove delivery.

As Kahuna says, all he has to do is submit a dispute and you lose.

Surrender gracefully.  Next time, do your homework.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.