1 to 4 business days to withdraw funds

hope
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody other than me think this is crazy?  I can buy a coffee at the Wawa and when I get to work the transaction already shows in my online banking. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

hope
Contributor
Contributor
I "withdrew" my funds on Sunday, and they were in bank account on Tuesday.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Frenchy
Contributor
Contributor

register your bank visa checking card and you can transfer funds immediately.

if you just have your bank checking account attached to your paypal account unfortuantly you have to wait out the 1-4 business day transfer. it's just as if you were writing a check, the money doesn't automatically come out fo your bank account, the person who you wrote the check to has to deposit it, or cash it at your bank THEN the money comes out. it's similar to that

Login to Me Too

Frenchy
Contributor
Contributor

oh shoot i misread your post.you meant to withdrawl TO your bank account

yes i think this is ridiculous which is why i got the Paypal DEBIT card a long time ago, as soon as it became available. I highly recommend it. you can withdrawl your paypal money immediately. and there is even a number you text to get your paypal balance sent to your phone if you want.

it's free, it's not the CREDIT CARD, it's just like your banks Visa check card only it's a Mastercard. so you can use it at a store as debit OR as a CC which is also convienient. AND you get cash back at the end of the month for anytime you used it as a CC. it's not much but it might cover some of the fees for sending and receiving money.

Login to Me Too

hope
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but I need to pass the funds on to someone else.  I don't see how I could do this with a debit card. 

Login to Me Too

keyrat
New Community Member

The worst part is that they claim it's really up to the bank, but from my experience, it's just not true.

I used to work with a company that sold a service online, and processed all credit cards through PayPal. The company had a pro PayPal account, and when someone made a payment it could be transferred to the company bank account SAME DAY. It was just as fast as any normal bank transfer, no 3-5 day stuff.

I think they want you to upgrade (and pay a fee) for that kind of functionality.

Login to Me Too
Solved

hope
Contributor
Contributor
I "withdrew" my funds on Sunday, and they were in bank account on Tuesday.
Login to Me Too

lboddie2
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have to put a credit card number in before they let you withdraw, because they are asking for a credit card number which is crazy to me...

Login to Me Too

Irishnodak
New Community Member

It makes me upset because when I BUY something and pay for it via Instant Transfer it's completed immediately.  But when I SELL something and withdraw my funds they tell us it takes 1-4 business days.  Why can't you just "transfer" it immediately like you do my payments?  

Login to Me Too

kc62
Contributor
Contributor

I agree the timing on paypal is horrendous and completely unacceptable. It is NOT just like writing a check, a check has to be physically handled through a long proceses. An electronic transfer thru paypal should not take four days, had I known my transaction would take this long I would have takien a different payment method. If they are getting the money I'll betr they move a whole lot faster. Pathetic.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.