21 Day wait for An Item i Shipped Today????????

jvaldez

It seems like Paypal has decided to give all the power to the Buyers on ebay and forget about the sellers.

Who ships an Item without receiving their funds first?

I find this very odd that i have to ship my items, then wait for the buyer to receive the items and then wait for positive feed back or use delivery confirmation in order for us to request out Legal Funds which then takes up no les than 48 hours to reach out bank accounts..

But the funny thing is that paypal is holding out Legal Funds but yet they go ahead and take out their FEES the min the buyer sends the fund, so why can't we get out money as fast as they take theirs? 

What is going on here, this just does not seem right in so many levels, I'm not a satisfied paypal user and have decided to look for an alternative to paypal asap.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

cog-tooth
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you! Go for it! People should look into this and complain. Think of thre millions of $$$ they are making off our money just sitting therre, our money that we may need now.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230531ar
Contributor
Contributor

this is how far im going this was sent to the US Attorney General today from me 

"I would to bring to your attention some unfair business practices of Paypal/Ebay they have routinely and consistently freeze the money in accounts and want every credit card and bank account you have listed linked to the account so they can access in-case of an issue it started when my Ebay account had higher then usual sales my vendor was having issues with his payment gateway so i issued everyone refunds nothing wrong with that its the correct thing to do but not to Paypal/Ebay they froze it stating suspicious activity and wont release the funds for 180 days stating it was done just incase there were any disputes with other purchases which has now happened since the money to ship there items is also frozen im not shipping out of my own pocket this is unethical behavior and unjust they have also consistantly froze funds for 21 days after the buyer has received the item they have purchased to see if they return it because they don't like it which makes no logical sense would sears or GM let you take a washer or a car home for 21 days to see if you like it and if not you can return it for a full refund i don't think so . I had a big purchase from a customer for $1400 which is frozen in the account when i issued his refund Paypal seemed fit to take it from my bank account which only had $200 in it hence it is now overdrawn and i had bank fees added on top of that why couldn't they take it from the funds available in the frozen account .Paypal isn't going to reimburse me those fees and yet they are going to attempt to withdraw the money again I don't know when my personal account became their property Ebay also only allows you to accept payment from Paypal no other sources are accepted or allowed Ebay owns Paypal which isn't wrong but it has to violate anti-trust laws since they don't allow any other form of payment. there are other people who this has happened to and the Paypal forums are full of these type of issues and here is one link to such forum https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay/From-Now-On-I-Am-Not-Going-To-Ship-Items-If-Funds-Are-On-Ho... can you please look in on this i also filed a complaint with the FTC and the Better Business Bureau Along with messages to Sen Casey and Sen Specter and with my states attorney general and im in the process of looking for an attorney to represent me 

Login to Me Too

cog-tooth
Contributor
Contributor

And yet still another problem with the 21 day wait period!  Not all of us have money just hanging out of oye pockets, by Tuesday, I'll have about $150.00 in shipping charges!!! Where am I getting that money!!!  The one shipment is for two packages each weighing about 60 pounds each! I can't ship the item if I don't have my money, and that money PayPal is holding which also is the shipping charges to ship these items!! PayPal and Ebay not only **bleep**ed up my Christmas this year, they **bleep**ed up me from being able to ship what people bought!  Well, they will just have to wait like I'm waiting or cancel their order. Thanks Ebay and PayPal for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You not only wasted my time, you ruined my sale which you should be held resposible for for as well as ruined the buyers expirence of shopping on Ebay!!!!!!!!!! What JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

nattiejane
New Community Member

I was nothing short of shocked when I got an email stating that I had received payment for an item I sold, but I couldn't touch the money for 21 days.  Like everyone is saying, it seems to be completely arbitrary.  I am also VERY angry that PayPal has basically told me that I must ship my item without getting a dime for it.  I am NOT a career seller here, just trying to salvage some money out of things I can't use!  I guess my only choice is to pray that this buyer is actually good for the cash (been bitten by THAT bug before - a buyer once paid with a credit card on Friday night and on Monday morning the card was canceled) and follow PayPal's orders to ship the item.  Lets just say Christmas is not gonna be that merry or bright this year.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.