21 Day wait for An Item i Shipped Today????????

jvaldez

It seems like Paypal has decided to give all the power to the Buyers on ebay and forget about the sellers.

Who ships an Item without receiving their funds first?

I find this very odd that i have to ship my items, then wait for the buyer to receive the items and then wait for positive feed back or use delivery confirmation in order for us to request out Legal Funds which then takes up no les than 48 hours to reach out bank accounts..

But the funny thing is that paypal is holding out Legal Funds but yet they go ahead and take out their FEES the min the buyer sends the fund, so why can't we get out money as fast as they take theirs? 

What is going on here, this just does not seem right in so many levels, I'm not a satisfied paypal user and have decided to look for an alternative to paypal asap.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sellers should always use some type of tracking to help protect themselves.

Sure Paypal takes their cut, but if the seller doesn't ship the item, Paypal refunds the whole payment.

In the past paypal was left holding the bag, because of bad sellers.

Once the d/c shows delivery the funds are usuall released with 48 hours.

Login to Me Too

secret_lurker
Contributor
Contributor

hhhmmm

The usual complaint.

Personally, I fall into this category.  But lots of sites have you ship before you are paid.  But, I have enough money to ship prior to receiving payment.   No problemo (education is a good thing).

Login to Me Too

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

I too hate this pending crap.  Its not fair to the seller.

Once the item is shipped, we should be able to get our funds by supplying a tracking number.  Once the item is in the hands of the shipping company, it isnt the sellers fault if it gets damaged.  Thats what insurance is for.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

djpoptart92 wrote... "Once the item is in the hands of the shipping company, it isnt the sellers fault if it gets damaged.  Thats what insurance is for."

You are correct if the seller used proper packaging to protect the item, however... it's most definitely not the buyer's fault or PayPal's fault, and so... for new sellers, PayPal will sometimes hold the payment.

If the item is damaged during shipping, the seller should refund the buyer's payment and file an insurance claim with the shipper.

Login to Me Too

StarDriver

There are way too many propaganda puppets on this site already, just like on eBay. Hopefully, though, Paypal will start getting the message about just how many dissatisfied clients they have.

Login to Me Too

cog-tooth
Contributor
Contributor

I refuse to ship anything until I receive payment, period. If PayPal holds my money for 21 day's, then the buyer will have to wait also. I just had a person by an item for $75.00 from out of state. They will have to drive about 8 hoursd to get here to pick the item up. When they do get here, there are going to be mas as all **** when they find out they can't take the item with them becose I haven't received my money.

If I left them take it, when getting home they could breal it and say it was broken and get there money back, I lose everything, my money and the item they bought! I don't think they will drive another 8+ hoursd to retiurn it. And being they are picking it up, I can't insure it, so I would be out $100%!!!

I have two items totaling about $400 - $500 ending this week and that money will be held also, ruining my Christmas shopping money! So PayPal pretty much ruined my Christmas unless I can come up with another way for payment. The last item I sold they picked the item up and paid me cash $500.00+ This was also for a Christmas gift and I was lucky I contacted them to pay me in cash or my big Christmas gift I wouldn't been able to get.

PayPal and Ebay used to be a pretty nice place for doing business, but ever since Ebay took over PayP{al, its been just a long downwords spirial. Not a very nice place for doing business anymore. I think I to as others am going to look at other places to sell my stuff. I'm not about to be selling on Ebay and using PayPal and not be proteced and not have access to money that is rightfully mine.

If I have a problem with a buyer, thats my business to work it out if its a liget problem. I don't need PayPal or Ebay sticking their nose into it unless I ask.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@StarDriver wrote:

There are way too many propaganda puppets on this site already, just like on eBay. Hopefully, though, Paypal will start getting the message about just how many dissatisfied clients they have.

And what ID do you post with on the ebay site.  Why not post with the sameone here.

This program has helped numerious buyers that have posted to the ebay site.  Buyers got their money back and paypal got to keep theirs

Login to Me Too

cog-tooth
Contributor
Contributor

I did use the same name as on Ebay. I just made another $150.00 sale today, more money I won't have in time for Christmas. I just don't like there policies, a 21 day wait is way to long. On top of that, although being new on Ebay, I used PayPal for years now. Also according to there policies, they hold the money of you are new to Ebay and the money is of $100 (which one isn't), and I have no negative feed backs as of yet. So why they holding my $75.00?  Then I have at least min. another $250.00 coming in about 2 day's, more money I can't access that is mine. I'm slightly PO'ed about all this. Go into any store anywhere and try to buy something and tell them youi will pay for it in 21 day's, its not going to work.  Go to any business website anbd try to buy something and tell them you will pay them in 25 day's or even after you receive the product, its not going to happen. This 21 day wait period I didn't sign up for when I joined PayPal years ago and neither was I informed of it. Do they even have the right to hold your money when you wasn't informed. Ebay is no better, its all about the $$$$ You used to be able to accept just about any kind of payment on Ebay years ago, but after the took over PayPal they forced there users to only be able to use PayPal to pay for items, thus giving them more control and more $$$ to be made by not allowing other types of payment other then CASH on "pick-ip only items." If its not picked up, the onlyt other choice you have is PayPal unless you can contact the buyer and ask for a M.O.

PayPal and Ebay are for the buyer rather the the seller for one reason, $$$. Once an item is sold, they get their money. And if all fails, what recourse does a seller have to get his money or his item back? None? So the seller is left out in the cold with nothing while Ebay gets there money.

If I buy an item from you and you send it but don't get your money for 21 day's and I break that item and file a complaint that it was broken, what are you going to do If I get my money back and either not send the item back or send a broken item back that wasn't broken to begin with. Who suffers the cost of that broken item? The seller! The seller is unprotected, period!

Login to Me Too

ampdoc
Contributor
Contributor

I've just been hit by this bull. For me, it means no more eBay sales, or use of PayPal. I've also contacted the FTC and my state's attorney general's office. Looking at the number of sellers with held funds, PP/Ebay is making a crapton of interest off our money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.