paypal are a joke! holding my money for 21 days! mean't to be easy way! nothing but lies and stress!

bruciebonus
New Community Member

I recently opened an ebay account and then a paypal account, as mean't to be easier. I got verified and have since recieved payments from sales. Now they say i can not withdraw or pay for the items until i receive positive feedback, give tracking number or else i wait 21 days! what a joke, i can not give tracking details, when items are collected in person, i can leave positive feedback for buyer, but i can not control when they choose to leave it for me, yet as they haven't complained, that shows there is no problem or they would let paypal know i am sure.

Why do paypal not mention this when you first set it up? I am selling, like most people because i need the money, it is discusting that i have to wait 21 days!

I believe they have breached on an agreement as they never stated these restrictions, it is false advertising.

To try and get through to them on the phone has been impossible as you wait over an hour, then your code runs out.

I wish to make a formal complaint to them, does anyone know how i can do this please? also any other organisations i can make aware of this.

If i knew this would apply i would never have used paypal, why should they hold my money, making interest. I am fuming,

please can anyone advise what to do?

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Reidy187
New Community Member

I sold an item last month on ebay, evreything was fine, I recieved the payment straight away, I sent the item and we both gave each other postiive feeback. 2 weeks later I get an email telling me paypal is holding the money while it reviews the transaction. This is disgraceful, I immediately leave notes on the open case and link to my feedback, as requested in the email, a week later and I have heard nothing. I come on here and see a moderator telling someone witheld money is released when one of three things occurs :

•[b] The buyer leaves you positive feedback[/b]
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

I have contacted paypal by email and if this is not resolved by the end of the week, I will be taking legal action.

Login to Me Too

JustJ0
New Community Member

I am having EXACTLY the same problem!  I have a pending payment that has been pending now for over a week, the buyer has my goods, but effectively I have not had the money and am out of pocket.  Enough to put me off using paypal!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, please review the thread to see others who have had similar issues and the responses given to them. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Geraldinemudie
Contributor
Contributor
This company is a complete joke.hold holds holding? Say no more really been using this third rate service for years.nothing surprises me with this shower of ????.ebay is no better.
Login to Me Too

prefpens

I Sold items (4) totalling £290 on ebay - shipped SAME day! Instant payment from buyer - I shipped Parcel force AM which means next morning, item was delivered safely and signed for by the buyer - buyer then leaves instant positive feedback yet no payment!  Terms say 3 days after the latest delivery which was the 9th - now the 14th and still no funds! WHAT IS THE POINT in using paypal for these transactions, we sell our goods for turnover yet cannot access them! Paypal & Ebay need to start CHECKING the sales quickly for this to work its ridiculous - i understand the need for protection but quick, easy and no fuss sales should be rewarded and the funds should be released -there's no issues here simply just ridicuous!

Login to Me Too

Paypal are an absolute Joke.!!! Im selling on ebay to try make ends meet. I'm a Single Mother and finding life hard at the moment so thought making a bit extra money on items I don't use or need anymore would help. However due to Paypals hold on funds INCLUDING postage I have had to use £25 of this week's shopping money (I have £45 to feed my daughter and me for the week) on Ebay postage costs so I can send the things I sold but how long will I have to wait til I'm paid.? I have just read if I go onto Paypal and pay for the postage label through PayPal the cost will be released shortly after from held funds. However I don't have a printer and I would still have to pay for the postage to start with which I don't have available on my card so that's not an option.!!! I wish I had never bothered selling my items as this is now going to be a very difficult week for my daughter and me. It's an absolute Joke. I won't be selling on Ebay again as I simply can't afford to with these rules in place. I will have to find other sites to sell on that don't involve Paypal. What is an absolute Joke though is the fact Paypal deduct their fee before placing an hold on funds. Double standards..?? An item I sold last night for 99p plus 3.99 postage is now on hold. The whole 4.98 is on hold even though it's nearly all postage costs.!!!! Thanks Paypal for ruining the eBay experience as people in the same position as me now have no choice but to NOT sell on Ebay.!!!!
Login to Me Too

jimboat1974
New Community Member

call centre lies - you can get all your funds by tonight at the latest WRONG I now have to wait 28day!!!! this is robery, deceipt and lots of other bad words i can't spell.

so, READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET A PAYPAL CREDIT CARD READER:

yes, delivery the goods you sweated to design and manufcture.

delivery them safely to your customer

take their card details and process the payment

WAIT 28 DAYS BEFORE YOU RECEIVE YOUR FUNDS

go into liquidation whilst you are waiting for your money

its a joke. please let others know about this 'small print issue' you know the tiny little clause that says we can hold your hard earned money for 28 days.

PAYPAL, you are a disgrace to small businesses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.