21 Day Hold - I'm Sending Money to the Seller, How can I verify so they get their money faster.

LocalCommute
New Community Member

I pay independent contracts (drivers) for mobile advertising. I wouldn't be sending them money if they had not already completed their monthy miles. When they receive payment from me (which I pay over the amount to cover the fees - since PayPal doesn't give me the option to pay for the fees {STUPID}) it is now being held for 21 days. I need a solution to "verify" that yes indeed I want to pay them for their services and release that money to them sooner.  I'm not going to force them to invoice me....these are normal everyday folks, not businesses. Why is PayPal so restrictive on what I can do!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi LocalCommute,

Welcome to the community forum. 

When someone is new to selling on PayPal or new to receiving money there are holds on payments for up to 21 days. If they are providing the service before you pay them you can leave a note of this when paying. The individuals can then get in touch with us so we can release the payments sooner. Once they have received a certain number of payments they will no longer be held. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.