HELP AND ADVICE NEEDED ON PAYPAL

EmmaLC
New Community Member

Hi

I am a market trader and turn stock over very fast but I am getting fed up with standing out in the cold and have been looking at trading on eBay, I sell toys and thought with Christmas round the corner it would be a good time. The problem is I only make a small profit on each item and am used to selling between 150-300 items a day (3 times a week) on the market. If I do this on eBay I understand I have to give the option of paypal, But I have been told that Paypal often limits accounts or puts holds on funds. I am concerned that if this happens I will not be able to cover sending the goods and buying in new stock as I have always got money in cash and used that to get new stock and never really saved money as im not great at it.

I am really worried that if I list in auction and sell a min of 100 things at say £20 in the first week then papal will hold the money and I will not be able to order more stock.

Can anyone please advise me on what the limits are and how they work - I would verify my account but can paypal still hold funds.

Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_lucy

Hey there EmmaLC,

For new sellers on eBay there are holds that get placed on your first transactions. These are holds that are placed for a maximum of 21 days. The hold can be removed sooner if your buyer leaves positive feedback or you can provide tracking information which shows the item has been delivered to your buyer for more than 3 days.

These holds get reviewed only a regular basis so if you don't have any disputes and you keep getting your positive feedback they may be removed.

The information below has some factors involved in the holds being placed.

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months, and, have limited selling activity.
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater than 5%
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
• You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history

We can limit accounts, however, this is not done without reason.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.