payment reversal from the same guy.

TrixyTang
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal settled a dispute between me and another guy between the distribution of virtual goods and the chargeback was canceled. Two weeks later I receive another case involving the same guy about the same topic and now i have negative balance again. I talked to paypal. They said I didn't provide proof of shipment which I did in the first case is that even fair? Also I provided proof of the guy scamming others with chargeback fraud. I can't believe paypal is seriously doing this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi TrixyTang,

Thanks for posting.

What it sounds like is that first case was not a chargeback but a PayPal claim. In a claim we take all of the evidence into account. Virtual items are not covered by our PayPal seller protection but if you can show that the item was sent to the buyer we close the claim in your favour and that's what it sounds like has happened here. 

If there was another case opened after that it would mean that the buyer went to their bank and did open a chargeback with them. That means that the bank take over and make a final decision on the case. That is where the seller protection would come into play as we cannot cover virtual items. The investigation is taken over by the bank and they make the final decision. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

TrixyTang
Contributor
Contributor

so basicallly, paypal has no power over chargebacks?

Login to Me Too

lagathy
Contributor
Contributor

id like to know the answer to this too..

You claim seller protection for chargebacks in your UA,provided you can prove postage and delivery...

Are you now saying this isn;t the case?

Might be interesting to see what the financial ombudsman thinks of this..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi lagathy

Seller protection would be a separate issue. If the transaction is marked as eligible for seller protection and the correct information is provided to us in order to be covered we will make sure the seller is given the amount involved regardless of the final decision the bank makes. 

You can find more on our seller protection here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security .

I hope this clears things up. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

bellemagnolia55
New Community Member

So sorry to hear this and I am in this same situation right now. I am hoping the nice people at Paypal sees this scammer for what he is. These situations are making our lives very difficult. Soon Paypal and Ebay will be no more for the world of business.

Login to Me Too

TrixyTang
Contributor
Contributor

All they said was that did not have power over Chargeback and said I had to pay it off. What's funny was that the guy who scammed me did it to other people too and I figured if I provided that rpoof as well paypal will do something about that too. Guess Not. I just won't sell anything on this site. There is pretty much No Seller protection. Even my friends told me once you get chargebacked you can't do any thing about that.... I just wish that they put a stricter reason for people using chargebacks. Now there are thousands of CB scammers all because Buyers have guaranteed protection while selers do not. 

What's also funny was I was on a gane forum while a scammer admitted making 40-50k through chargebacking...IN A MONTH. 

I already gave them my feedback, which is highly unlikely they would read... Oh well back to western union for receiving money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.