buyer claiming item damaged - i think he is scamming me

biggy786
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,Hope you can help. I recently sold a car part to a chap who was replacing his own damaged one.

After receiving my part he says that my part i sent is damaged, now it was packaged very well with bubblewrap and cardboard which the couriers insisted, numerous pictures were sent to the buyer before i packed the item and he agreed it was in excellent condition. THe courier doesnt offer insurance also.

Now I believe that the seller is actually saying that mine is damaged in order to get a refund and still keep my part which is immaculate condition. I asked for a picture of both parts together showing damage to mine and his own so we know he has two damaged ones but wouldt do that.

I am certain he is just trying to get the money back from paypal so he can have a free part... I even said send it back at your own expense and i will refund you the money but he wont?? Wants me to pay for postage again even though i paid £26.50 to send it to him.

Im afraid paypal will refund him the money but where does that leave me? No part and No Money?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally if paypal find in favour of the buyer they ask the buyer to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi biggy7786,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

kernowlass is completely right!

It sounds to me like your Buyer intends to open a significantly not as described claim here.

If that happens and we agree with the claim, PayPal will always ask a Buyer to return the item using a trackable service before issuing a refund.

So in the scenario you described, the Buyer would be responsible for the return shipping costs and will only get a refund once we confirm you've received your item back 

I hope that puts your mind at ease biggy7786 and makes this process a little clearer.

Conor

Login to Me Too

biggy786
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help guys That what PayPal have decided. He has to send the item to me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.