Scam?

beaverethan
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a request from paypal regarding a buyer wanting to claim their money back as they did not authorise the transaction apparently. Paypal now want me to provide postal receipts for an item sent over 70 days ago! I only keep receipts for 60 days. So do I now have to be out of pocket due to possible fraud by an ebay buyer?

Paypal and ebay always email me status of what has been bid on, paid for etc so why has it took this buyer over 2 months to query this transaction and why have they not contacted me.

Is there no safety measures for buyers of this time frame? I cant seem to get any answers from the virtual agent.

Any help much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tracy_anne48
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem! I keep getting asked to respond to the dispute but there are no boxes that I can tick as the buyer has sent me an extra payment AFTER she left feedback saying she had received the item. The extra payment was cancelled but now Paypal are asking me to refund or post the item.....THERE IS NO ITEM TO POST! I'm sure it's a scam but paypal are useless for contacting 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

If there has been a dispute that was filed past 45 days, it sounds to me that a chargeback may have been initiated on the transactions that you received.

I realise that you may not have postage receipts anymore showing exactly where the items have been posted to, but you are still asked for a response to the case through your account.

When you are responding to the case, you may have an option that says 'None of these apply to me'. If you could select this option, you would then be asked for additional notes or comments to add to the case.

If you are having any difficulties when trying to respond to the case, you may wish to try contacting customer services. This can be done by clicking the Contact Us icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. From here, you will have a Call Us or Email Us option that you can select in order to contact customer services directly.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.