Refund on hold and i'm NOT HAPPY!

vintage1959
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item a couple of weeks ago and when it arrived it wasn't what i'd ordered so I returned it, the seller was very appologetic and refunded me the same day she received the returned item. What I want to know is WHY ARE PAYPAL HOLDING MY MONEY!!! I have been with Paypal nearly 10 years and both bank accounts are verified, I have a 100% feedback with a feedback score of 1042. I am disgusted to be treated like this and you should be ashamed, you have no right to do this and as far as i'm concerned THIS IS THEFT PURE AND SIMPLE! iF I DON'T GET MY MONEY BY THE END OF THIS WEEK I AM REPORTING YOU TO TRADING STANDARDS

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK if you want to lose the very silly threats and calm down i will explain.

Paypal are not holding YOUR MONEY. The refund is on hold as when the seller refunded you they obviously did not have enough funds in their paypal balance for the refund to go instantly. So they have had to send an echeque and that takes a few days to clear.

When it has cleared paypal will process your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vintage1959
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't patronise me, there are more people than me complaining about paypal holding on to their money and it's just one excuse after another! I never have any money in my paypal account so how on earth do I manage to pay for things I have bought...yes that's right, it's taken straight from my bank account! The lady has refunded me and you are holding on to it, the following sentance says it...PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information...they are YOUR words not mine

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

My words???

I don't work for paypal dearie.

You seem to not realise you are on a "community forum" so please post politely and try to be nice to those trying to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rjchk1
New Community Member

i have a refund on hold today. i was sent the wrong item, the seller was fine, i posted it back and he sent a refund. i look in my paypal and its on hold ...why paypal look into it.  he had the money in his paypal, so why would they do it??  HATE THEM!! THICK AS **bleep**!!  why do people get paid to do a job and dont do it.  we are not talking of £30 or £40   well over £300 its my money... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.