Pending

Angry-Aubergine
Contributor
Contributor
I sold my iPhone on the 27th of March. I sent via Special Delivery which included a tracking number. Buyer left positive feedback within 48 hours. I'm still waiting for my funds to be released 😢. I have 100% positive feedback on my eBay account 94 positive comments. Majority are buyer feedbacks but I have a couple as a seller. Is there anything I can do to get my money. I really need it. I'm so frustrated with PayPal. I'm finished with them. When I do get my money I'm cancelling this account. I understand they need to protect the buyer but this buyer is happy and I'm desperate to pay my rent.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

heybeth
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same situation now. Sold my samsung, sent off next day, sepcial delivery so with tracking, marked as sent and put my tracking details on ebay, buyer recieved it next day and left positive feedback. Don't bother with ringing customer service, it's just a machine who you can't actually speak to!! Just gives you options and if you bring up pending balance it just gives you info on WHY it's pending and doesn't give you the option to actually talk about your problem. Rubbish customer service considering Paypal is a big/popular company.

If you go on your Paypal account and underneath your balance it says your pending balance. Click on that (instead of the actual transaction on your profile) and then it'll take you to a page and it says a release date for your payment. Mine is 22 April which is 3 weeks after I sent it off! Shocking!!

Paypal's forum says:

You should be able to get your money within 7-14 days if you:

• Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
  • Provide the dispatch details and mark the item as sent.

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT/UPDATE!!: Have you registered your tracking info on Paypal aswell as eBay? I entered the tracking number into eBay thinking the info would just transfer, however I just went onto my Paypal profile, went onto the ebay transaction order details and the tracking info wasn't entered. I just entered it and my release date is now 15th April! Still way too long considering buyer received the item the next day and gave positive feedback but better than waiting 3 weeks.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry-Aubergine

Normally its when tracking shows online that the item has been delivered + 3 days.

If you have met that requirement then contact customer services and ask them to release your money.

And you also have to consider that if your mainly positive feedback is from buying then it doesn't really count as buyers cannot get neutreal or negs on ebay. Sellers can only leave buyers positive feedback or none at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

heybeth
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same situation now. Sold my samsung, sent off next day, sepcial delivery so with tracking, marked as sent and put my tracking details on ebay, buyer recieved it next day and left positive feedback. Don't bother with ringing customer service, it's just a machine who you can't actually speak to!! Just gives you options and if you bring up pending balance it just gives you info on WHY it's pending and doesn't give you the option to actually talk about your problem. Rubbish customer service considering Paypal is a big/popular company.

If you go on your Paypal account and underneath your balance it says your pending balance. Click on that (instead of the actual transaction on your profile) and then it'll take you to a page and it says a release date for your payment. Mine is 22 April which is 3 weeks after I sent it off! Shocking!!

Paypal's forum says:

You should be able to get your money within 7-14 days if you:

• Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
  • Provide the dispatch details and mark the item as sent.

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT/UPDATE!!: Have you registered your tracking info on Paypal aswell as eBay? I entered the tracking number into eBay thinking the info would just transfer, however I just went onto my Paypal profile, went onto the ebay transaction order details and the tracking info wasn't entered. I just entered it and my release date is now 15th April! Still way too long considering buyer received the item the next day and gave positive feedback but better than waiting 3 weeks.

Login to Me Too

retrox85
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is going to hold on to your funds as long as they can to collect interest, so they can make more money. Just another legal coporate scam!

Login to Me Too

Angry-Aubergine
Contributor
Contributor
I contact paypal when you call a robot speaks if you want to speak to a customer service advisor ignore the robot and say speak to customer service. You get transfered. They have agreed to allow me access to funds in 72 hours... Atleast I know not to deal with them anymore.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.