Payment on hold

yellowhammer1
Contributor
Contributor

I find the 'payment on hold' both frustrating and ridiculous.

Goods have been sent and recieved by purchaser. All tracking info is present and correct BUT funds are still 'on hold'.

It is cleary a method by PayPal to make money on the funds they hold. PayPal is only good in my opinion for buyers - not sellers.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yellowhammer1

Well you may think it is ridiculous but a lot of sellers that have been through this process understand why it happens.

Its for buyer protection and is applied to ''new sellers'' until they have a few transactions done to show they are reliable.

Funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay postage.

Every single seller on ebay has been through this process myself included, it does not last long and if it reassures buyers then i for one am happy as we need buyers.

It also weeds out poor sellers and that again is good for the rest of us.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yellowhammer1
Contributor
Contributor

Afraid I still disagree.

Goods were sold through ebay and have been received + 3 days.

It would be a very simple exercise for ebay / paypal to establish if goods have been received and buyer is happy rather than assuming that if after 21 days the buyer hasn't complained - all must be well. It would also feel like a better customer experience all round.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yellowhammer1

If you have a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days then contact Ebay and ask them to authorise your funds to be released.

If you're contacting from the UK, you can get in touch with eBay at 0845 355 3229. Alternatively, you can get in touch with them through social media, either via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AskeBay) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.