seller wins claim made by buyer on ebay and then buyer opens and wins same claim on paypal

panelope
Contributor
Contributor

buyer buys shoes from me on ebay.when they arrive he opens case on ebay for return as shoes not as described.i dispute the claim stating that the shoes are exactly as described including images.and offer to accept return but buyer must pay postage.

buyer then messages stating that he requires wide fittings shoes which hedsays the images show that they are clearly not wide fitting.i respond by telling him that the adverty is for standard fitting shoes and he is admitting that he has made a mistake and should accept he pays return postage.

buyer then states that as the shoes do not fit he does not see why he shoud pay postage and that i should.

i ask buyer to provide images of the shoes he has recieved to show any differences.

2 days later i have heard nothing so icontactcustomer support.who review all messages from buyer and myself and frinds case in my favour.stating that

firstly,i am new here so my appologies if i have put this post in wrong forum

the customer has clearly made a mistake.i do not have to accept return and case is closed

ebay are informed that the buyer has misused return process by falsely claiming that my advert is not correct.

2 hours later buyer has opened a paypal claim against me for the same item ,simply stating just that he requires a refund as the shoes do not fit.I contest the claim with a 300+ worded reply stating all the facts,inluding the case being closed in my favour on ebay.

2 days later.today paypal have found the case in the buyers favour,telling me that the customer is returning the boots already posted.

how is it that a buyer makes a false claim which he loses on ebay and then wins the same claim on paypal 2 days later.buyer supplied no information other than shoes do not fit.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

panelope
Contributor
Contributor
just a quick add to the above.the buyer claimed on paypal too that the shoes are not as described,same as he did on ebay with no evidence,where-as I supplied all correct description and images
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@panelope

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate policies for claims.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against the others.

So paypal ''tend'' to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back at their own expense before you have to refund them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

panelope
Contributor
Contributor
it is not a case of buyer vs seller word only.buyer sends a 10 worded claim and I respond with 300+ worded factual statement which can be verified by ebay.it seems paypal have taken easy option by not thoroughly investigating buyers false claim.in paypal own forms it states that they thoroughly investigate and it can take 30 days.it seems tome that they have not thoroughly investigated this claim which as it had already been decided through ebay,that paypal should have done
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@panelope

They don't verify with Ebay as Ebay is a completely different company.

300 words or 10 words its still one persons word against anothers.

Yes it ''can'' take ''up to'' 30 days but that is normally for international transaction as the item takes longer to arrive.

I have had false claims for item not as described, as long as i get the item back then i just refund, sometimes i sell it for more next time, no problem, part of the risks of selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

panelope
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your comments.it seems i have completely misread and misunderstood seller protection policy and rules.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.