Payment hold on my ebay transaction

adrianthornton
Contributor
Contributor

Hello good people. Fingers crossed somebody out there might be able to help due to being new to both ebay and paypal. I sold a ticket nearly two weeks ago on ebay. Received the payment from my buyer in paypal but due to being a new seller I can't access the money for 21 days (rightly so I think). However I sent the ticket to the buyer with the correct postage and time as advertised. Also provided tracking number on ebay. I checked with Royal Mail and the tracking number and the buyer signed and received the ticket I sent. However still not received positive feedback from the buyer (coming up to two weeks now since the buyer purchased the ticket).

I have sent the buyer two emails now just asking politely if they received the ticket (I know they did but being nice) and it would be appreciated if they could possibly give me positive feedback please because I would like to access the money sooner rather than later due to bills etc. Still no response and still can't access the money in paypal. This message below greets my everytime I log into my paypal account.

Payment holds on your eBay transactions. we are working with eBay to make buying and selling even safer. As part of payment holds for new eBay sellers , we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. Find out how you may get your money sooner.

Every time I click on that link above at the end of the message as well it keeps saying I have gone to a page that doesnt exist due to out of date bookmarks. All this is very frustrating with both ebay and paypal. Just worried now the buyer will put a dispute (because they want to get away without paying) in just before I can finally access my funds in paypal after 21 days and then I will be waiting longer for money even though they received the ticket. 😞

Sorry for rambling on.

Any help much appreciated.

Adrian

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

AndrewPark
New Community Member

I've had positive feedback from the buyer, they have confirmed they have recieved the item. 

I don't have access to the tracking number to the shipment but i don't understand why i still can't access my money.

Can you please help with my situation, thanks.

Andrew

Login to Me Too

Hi David,  2 of my 3 payments are still on hold too despite having entered the tracking references when marking the items dispatched and all 3 buyers have left me very positive feedback.  I am frustrated and annoyed at having paid out more than I charged my customers for posting these items using a trackable service at Paypal's suggestion so I wouldn't have to wait 21 days to access my funds.  Could you please arrange for Paypal to release my funds immediately, or advise the process to  escallate a claim for compensation in causing unwarranted financial distress  ?

Login to Me Too

Fandsmummy
Contributor
Contributor
I phoned paypal today about something similar,I got my funds cleared straight away, no questions asked, nothing!
Login to Me Too

davidm71
New Community Member

Why are you not addressing the broken link issue? To recap: when a user clicks "Find out how you may get your money sooner" it goes to a page that reads "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks." which is nonsense. This is frustrating and needs fixing.

Login to Me Too

ben_lovis

hi there David,
I know that this post is over a year old however i HAVE received positive feedback (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ben_lovis&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc&my... for the item that I have sold yet i am still waiting for my pending payment to be made, can you help? Thanks

Login to Me Too

jhem777
Contributor
Contributor

21 days...not a very bright bunch are you at Paypal? Ok explain this. I just ordered some tequila. 12 pounds was paid from my credit card and about 5 pounds from the Paypal balance. You put a hold on the 5 pounds, thereby delaying the entire transaction for 21 days, and you are now illegally freezing the 12 pound part which belongs to me..Who the **bleep** fo you think you are? 

Login to Me Too

Hvk68
New Community Member

I have the same problem with two of my transactions. I have even got a tracking number that is more than 3 days after delivery but STILL have my payments held. I have contacted my customers and politely asked for feedback but have had no answer.

Why should new sellers suffer when these lazy buyers can effectively get what they want, then make the seller suffer by not ticking a box? 

After all, alot of people are selling these items because they are desperate for some money to pay bills, rent etc... IT IS NOT FAIR PAYPAL!! Please have a meeting or something and work out a solution.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Hvk68,

At the moment, there is no automatic process that will release the funds to your PayPal account once three days has passed since the item was delivered.

You would need to contact us once the three days has passed and we can then have the money released to your account for you.

I realise that it can be very frustrating having holds placed on your payments but if you can provide tracking numbers to customer services so that we can see the items were delivered 3 days ago, we can then get the money released to your account instantly.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Wildcat31
Contributor
Contributor

I would just like to say that I understand the buyer/seller protectection guidlines.  However, I feel that after a package has shown delivered (when a tracking number is used), that funds should become available immediately.  I have used ebay for years as a buyer and seller, more as a buyer.  I find this new method of holding funds a little peturbing.  When you buy something from an online outlet such as Amazon or Walmart, they do not have to wait for their funds.  It has been such a hassle, I have tried it, but I don't think I am going to mess with ebay anymore.  It just is not worth it.  They already take a pretty good chunck of each sale.  I guess it is back to the old methods, garage sales. 

Login to Me Too

BCfromDC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a little concerned about the exact same thing.  Buyer opened a claim, than he admitted that he recieved the package within the correct time fraim, told me he would close the case, but hasn't done so and his last response was a little strange in my opinion.  I guess us angry robots just get mistreated and kicked around all the time.  That's why were so angry, most likely.!?  (see profile picture)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.