Payment hold on my ebay transaction

adrianthornton
Contributor
Contributor

Hello good people. Fingers crossed somebody out there might be able to help due to being new to both ebay and paypal. I sold a ticket nearly two weeks ago on ebay. Received the payment from my buyer in paypal but due to being a new seller I can't access the money for 21 days (rightly so I think). However I sent the ticket to the buyer with the correct postage and time as advertised. Also provided tracking number on ebay. I checked with Royal Mail and the tracking number and the buyer signed and received the ticket I sent. However still not received positive feedback from the buyer (coming up to two weeks now since the buyer purchased the ticket).

I have sent the buyer two emails now just asking politely if they received the ticket (I know they did but being nice) and it would be appreciated if they could possibly give me positive feedback please because I would like to access the money sooner rather than later due to bills etc. Still no response and still can't access the money in paypal. This message below greets my everytime I log into my paypal account.

Payment holds on your eBay transactions. we are working with eBay to make buying and selling even safer. As part of payment holds for new eBay sellers , we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. Find out how you may get your money sooner.

Every time I click on that link above at the end of the message as well it keeps saying I have gone to a page that doesnt exist due to out of date bookmarks. All this is very frustrating with both ebay and paypal. Just worried now the buyer will put a dispute (because they want to get away without paying) in just before I can finally access my funds in paypal after 21 days and then I will be waiting longer for money even though they received the ticket. 😞

Sorry for rambling on.

Any help much appreciated.

Adrian

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

PayPal_david

Hi there Adrianthornton,

When a payment has been placed on hold for up to 21 days as part of our new seller holds, there are three different ways in which the funds can be released to your PayPal account. You already know about the 21 days and also your buyer leaving you feedback but there is another way that we can release the funds to your account sooner.

If you have posted the tickets to your buyer using a recorded delivery method, you can provide us with the tracking number if the item was delivered at least three days ago and we can have the funds released to your account there and then. If you have not posted the item to your buyer using a recorded delivery method, we would not be able to use this method to have the funds released.

If this is the case, you would need to wait until your buyer leaves you positive feedback or until the 21 days has passed i'm afraid.

I am not sure as to why you are unable to view the link on your account in order to read more about the payment holds. It may be due to the type of browser that you are using to access the PayPal website. If you are using google chrome or opera, you may wish to try using Internet Explorer or mozilla firefox and this should help with the issue that you are having. Another thing that you could try is to delete your temporary internet files on your account. By doing this, it could also assist with resolving this issue.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

cappyc
New Community Member

Hi David,

The link is broken. Can Paypal please fix the link. I have used MS IE, Firefox, Android browser and Chrome and its still broken and shows everytime I log in just to annoy me.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

colzylde
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There David when are you going ito stop with this statement Paypal release funds after 21 days i think we all no this is not true my transactions are well after 21 days and still no funds i have one left feedback on the 17th of october now to me that is 67 DAYS so please enlighten me as to why i still dont have any of my monies due to me

phone call after phone call still no where nearer they just pawn you off with the same old lines now to me with all the programmers paypal ebay have it is time they wrote a extra booleen statement in the programming a IF THEN ELSE one would do nicely set up this ARRAY:

IF feedback is left

THEN release funds

ELSE hold funds

not rocket sicence really would save all the very unhappy people on here wit the same problems absolutley disgusting all the time and effort we have to put in to get or in most cases not get our monies,yet most buyers expect you to post next day

some people just dont have the coffers that ebay paypal have to post out the items, stop collecting all the interest and release monies due to sellers, do you honestly think buyers would be happy if we all said sorry i have a hold of 21 days on your items until i recieve your monies or should we simply resort back to the good old fashioned way of getting the monies sent directly to us,whereas we would actually recieve the whole amount instead of us paying you to make more money on it

i really would like my money in my acount  NOW 67 days is totally illegal for you people to still be holding my monies

Login to Me Too

marioinatux
Contributor
Contributor

kirty
hey! I'm sort of having the same problem as AdrianThornton, however my buyer has left me positive feedback but the transaction is still pending! I have the tracking number from the recorded delivery which I could provide to you guys as you have mentioned in your comment! please help! 🙂
Login to Me Too

helz13
Contributor
Contributor

hi  all  i too  have a customer who  is ignoring my emails i have asked them  in the nicest possible way  could they  leave me some feedback  to release  my payment.to no  avail . i myself always send feedback as soon as i  recieve my purchases to make sure people get their payment fast  enough. i am  moving home soon and need all the spare cash i can get but got to wait 21 days for my cash is  terrible the postage alone cost me quite a bit  i dont think  paypal should hold that part  of the payment bk  can anyone give me any new advice please thanks x

Login to Me Too

baps20112011
New Community Member

im also in the same boat, payment on hold. all my tracking numbers have been put on to track, my buyers have all left possitive feedback and i left possitive feedback too, followed the correct procedure threw and threw but still my payments are on hold. its getting very frustrating now as i have put tracking numbers down, delivery has happened feedback left by the buyers but still no money.

please help as i am getting nowhere fast and need money to be taken off hold to pay for things i have bidded on.

Login to Me Too

helz13
Contributor
Contributor

yes babs its not fair  is it  i always make sure i  leave feedback  so  people can get their cash  . i think some people just cant be bothered  its a shame   hope you get it sorted soon hun  x

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

We realise that not every buyer leaves feedback for sellers when they receive the items that they are purchasing from sellers. That is why there are alternative ways in which the funds can be released.

If you have received feedback from your buyers or if you have a tracking number showing the item was delivered over three days ago, please let us know and we can have the funds released to your PayPal account. The only other way to have the payments released is to wait until the 21 day timeframe has passed.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.