PAYPAL HOLDING PAYMENTS

notveryhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I too have just discovered that PayPal are holding back payments on my account

I keep my account in good order, always post items as a soon as I recieve payment, have 100% feedback good DSRs, what more does this 'outfit' want? its obvious isn't it, the want even more interest, we are even paying interest on our ostage charges as these are incuded with the selling price of an item.

None of the rules for holding payments apply to me so why all this nonsense.

Some buyers do not always leave feedback which is not the fault of the seller yet the seller gets penalised.

I shall be closing my Paypal account and going elsewhere which also means closing my Ebay account. At the end of the day I am also a customer and expect better treatment than this.

Have read through the messages and note that the seller can contact Paypal once they have recieved feedback so as t get funds released. Why should a seller have to do all this.

Login to Me Too
229 REPLIES 229

PayPal_barry

You can easily check the status of a transaction by viewing your PayPal account History. Your History contains a record of all your PayPal transactions.

To view your History, follow these steps:

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
3. Use the filter options to narrow your search, then click ‘Show’.

Once you find the transaction you are looking for, click the Payment Status link for that transaction (eg ‘Completed’) to learn what the status means.

You can also click the ‘Details’ link for more information and options related to that transaction

Login to Me Too

tiny21

I have recieved a payment for an item that i didn't sell on ebay i sold it on a different site i just like to use paypal as a payment method. Everyone keeps telling me to get the buyer to leave positive feedback and it will release the money but obviously i cant as i did not sell the item through ebay. Withdrawal to my bank account is still pending even though i chose the faster payment method which cost me £5.00 how can i get this payment released? how long will i have to wait? and will i see that fiver again that i paid for a quick withdrawal?

Login to Me Too

VincentVG
Contributor
Contributor

Well I've just come across yet another downside of this rediculous rule:-

I won an item on eBay for a very cheap price, the seller had 0 feedback and, after I had paid for the item, he got in touch to tell me that the item is now damaged - broken by his son, (yeah right), there's a good chance that he decided not to go through with the transaction because the payment would have been put on hold. Crazy!

Login to Me Too

jofuji
New Community Member

Okay...so my transaction history says that my payment to the eBay seller has gone through. However, it is still listed in my 'Resolution' (oh the irony) page as being investigated by PayPal. Meanwhile, neither of us have heard anything.

The money has gone out of my bank account, the seller hasn't received it, I can only get automated responses from PayPal and the phone number you guys give out in your email belongs to a private citizen in Australia.

Lamentable.

Any ideas sir??

Login to Me Too

madashell2218
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 100% feedback on ebay, yet paypal insists on holdind back my money, are they going to pay me interest, i dont thint so.  they said 21 days to hold it back, do they think this is a hobby and not a business, WHY?, at this moment in time I am thinking of doing a new web site against PayPal, they are ripping people off, in my opinion (note) I am also not going to to do any more buseniss with there bedfellows Ebay and will be pulling the plug on them THERE FEES ARE ROCKETING take heed of this .

Login to Me Too

jofuji
New Community Member

Oh joy

I have only just discovered that I seem to be one among thousands of people who are being ripped off by PayPal.

I am a buyer with 100% feedback on eBay for several years. I've just bought an iPad on eBay but Paypal froze my account and then after unfreezing it have decided to investigate the transaction anyway.

Several days later I have an email from Paypal asking for feedback of their restricting of accounts. I'd like to think they regret asking me now.

I have had an automated response from Paypal NOT answering my questions about why they are holding my payment and get this.....the phone number PayPal give out in their automated email belongs to a private individual in Australia. She even has "I am NOT PayPal!" on her voice mail.

An absolute shambles of an organisation supposedly worth billions of dollars.

As for me....well the money has gone from my bank account, but the eBay seller still sits with the iPad ready to post. She has been patient thus far, but God knows why. Once this gets sorted (if it ever does) I'm done with both eBay and Paypal.

Login to Me Too

hullywell
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you fully and I am of a like mind

Login to Me Too

hullywell
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have taken heed and i am considering useing carbooty. its only £5 and you can get the same price for your goods.

Login to Me Too

SeanGlancy

What the **bleep**, i sold my phone on ebay for £200 pound, got paid and its holding? the whole point of me selling it was to get the money to pay off a debt i have before i get charged again for that debt, then they hold my money for a further 3 weeks which puts me in debt with my creditors, and all the meantime paypal get money for me listing it on ebay, 10% of the final selling price, and intrest on holding my money  takes the mick. after i get my money released im closing my paypal account and making a google checkout account.

Login to Me Too

our-zoo

that is basically the email i sent to paypal! needless to say, i have not had a reply. but they are probably replying to the other thousaands of people who are in the same boat! i can't wait to be paid in full and i'm off, like most people, there are a lot of selling places on facebook etc which are a lot better than ebay. ebay used to be great, its gone right down hill!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.