New seller - payments being held

linalina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i am a new seller and fully understand the whys and wherefores etc of Paypal holding payments for 21 days. My question is why do Paypal state that if a buyer has left positve feedback for an item I sold them, the payment is released within minutes when this clearly isnt the case as I have received positive feedback  almost a week ago for an item sold and yet the payment is still on hold til the end of September. Is this par for the course as I was planning to sell a few more things but not sure I want to if I will have to keep waiting for my money even with positive feedback? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

If a payment is on the 21 day hold and you have positive feedback for it there's no reason it should still be held for this, i'll go check it immediately

Login to Me Too

linalina
Contributor
Contributor

Very good of you thankyou.

Login to Me Too

jkurkendall
New Community Member

Really they hold 33% of my sales over 300.00 for ninty days with all positive feed back on all transactions would some one let us know what we need to do. Thank you

Login to Me Too

LAINEY
Contributor
Contributor

THE SAME HAS JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND IVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS WITH 100% FEEDBACK .. I WAS FIZZING .. THEY SAID AS SOON AS I GET FEEDBACK OR THEY CAN PROVE THE ITEM WAS DELIVERED USING MY TRACKING NUMBER THEY WILL RELEASE IT THE SAME DAY ... DONT BELIEVE IT THOUGH               ITS ANOTHER WAY OF THEM MAKING MONEY FROM THE INTEREST ON HELD MONIES I BELIEVE !!!!! AS THEY HAVE TAKEN THE FUNDS FROM BUYERS ACCOUNT ...... AND REFUSE TO PAY OUT.  THEY SAY THIS IS TO STOP CROOKS AND SCAMS !!!! ID SAY THEY ARE THE WORST .... SORRY IM BEING REALLY NEGATIVE BUT SOLD BIG ITEM FOR EXTRA HOLIDAY SPENDS AND NOT CANT GET A HOLD OF THE MONEY ... NOT FAIR PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

LittleAJ
Contributor
Contributor

There is indeed somnething odd going on: I've also had repeated cases the last 3 days of payment being held even though the item had been received, positive feedback had been left, and my account fulfills all the criteria PayPal tell you to get right in order to avoid holds. The buyers were just as annoyede as myself - and meanwhile you send a lot of time following up.

The automatic help and the 'assistant' aren't worth trying - you just get the same basic stuff that doesn't explain this problem. Don't, though, call them, as that is itself very expensive!   Just keepp sending them real emails!   

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you have recently been subject to a dispute via PP or eBay following that dispute they will generally hold the next ten payments.  If you receive positive feedback, you can give PayPal a call and they will check and release the funds whilst you are on the phone.

Please bear in mind if the funds are not released when the feedback is left this is because eBay have yet to advise PP the feedback is there.

Login to Me Too

linalina
Contributor
Contributor

But why should we have to call Paypal to get our money released, firstly I havent got hours to spend on the phone and secondly I cannot afford to keep ringing them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, apologies for this issue. I am going to check with some people here as to whether there are any problems with eBay releasing funds when positive feedback has been given.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.