Wrong name on direct debit but correct account details

Nicolablades197
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal have sent a application to my bank for a direct debit but it's in the wrong name but correct bank details will this still go through,if it doesn't go through what will PayPal do will they shut my account down or will i beable to use PayPal still,many thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Nicolablades197.

Thanks for reaching out.

In order for you to complete the verification process of your bank linked to PayPal, the information on your bank would need to match the information on your PayPal account.

If there are any differences and you try verifying your bank account, it would depend on if your bank accepts the information that PayPal send to them when completing the verification process. 

If you do try verifying your bank account, you should reach out to your bank and let them know that you are going to try verifying your bank account and the name is different to how it appears on your bank. If they accept the information, this will complete the verification process on your bank linked to PayPal.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.