Dispute with an eBay seller closed despite me clearly being in the right

Mickthorpe
New Community Member

I ordered an item from eBay. The seller sent the wrong item, I returned the incorrect item at my own cost and waited for the correct item, which he said he had to wait to receive back from someone else. It never arrived.

because of the long delays and patience on my part the 30 day eBay refund option lapsed so they wouldn’t do anything but advised I take it to PayPal. eBay have since banned the seller due to their misconduct.

paypal however, backed the seller because the tracking details show an item having been delivered. It doesn’t seem important that the item was wrong or that I returned it.

paypal seems impenetrable on this matter now that the dispute has been closed and I don’t know what do do next.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Michthorpe,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It sounds like the wrong case type was selected when the claim was opened on PayPal. If you open a dispute for item not received then we will ask the seller for the tracking number to confirm delivery of the item. As you did receive the item but it was not what you originally agreed to purchase or the item was faulty, the dispute type should be item not as described.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.