Cross border fee applicable to incoming payments

kcrims64
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all

I noticed that Paypal started applying another fee of 2% on top of the regular 3.4% to incoming commercial payments called Cross border payment fee. If someone from other than the UK country pays you in pounds Paypal charges 2% from the transaction amount in addition to the standard fee. Tried to find respective wording in the legal agreement but failed. Could only find this fee applicable to Personal but not to Commercial (sale proceeds) transactions. Approached Paypal with the query but they divert from a direct answer. So it feels a bit suspicious... Has anybody heard about it? Could anybody direct me to the respective wording in the legal agreement with Paypal? Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello kcrims64,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with. 

There is a fee when you send a payment to someone in another country or if you receive a payment from someone in another country.  The PayPal user agreement has specific information.  You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

You will find a full breakdown of our fee structure here.

I hope this helps

-Donna

Login to Me Too

kcrims64
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Donna

There is nowhere in the legal agreement stating that the cross-border fee is applicable to COMMERCIAL (ebay sale in my case) rather than to PERSONAL payments. Would you still try to clarify this to me pls?

regards

Oleg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.