credit card payment - my money is on hold

dmhull70
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay, buyer paid with paypal but used a credit card. Paypal shows this payment as 'on hold' but gives no suggestions how I can get at my money.

I received an email from paypal saying I need to upgrade my account (see below) but when i try to do this, paypal teels me i have to be a business or sole trader.

I have no idea what to do,can you help?

email -->

You have received a Pending credit card payment. However, to reduce credit card processing costs for accounts that do not pay fees, the ability to receive credit card payments is limited to Premier and Business accounts. 

If you upgrade to a Premier or Business account, all your Pending credit card payments will be completed. With your upgraded account, you will receive a range of premium features, including the ability to accept unlimited credit card payments.You must pay fees for accepting money with a Premier or Business account. The fees on incoming payments are low - just 3.4% + £0.20 GBP to receive payments. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello dmhull70,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

It sounds like the payment is subject to a payment hold which applies to all PayPal accounts and there is no way we can override this. You will find more information regarding these holds here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.