BAccount balance not used when making payment

SBT1971
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am a UK member and recently received two payments into my account in Euros. My PayPal account shows these payments as a UK Sterling balance amount but when i then made a purchase it hasn't used my balance to make the payment but has charged the full amount of the purchase to my credit card leaving my balance the same. In my account settings i have specified to use my balance first and then charge any additional amounts to my credit card. Why won't PayPal use my balance, is it because it was received as Euros? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SBT1971

Yes, it shows you how much the equivalent is in sterling in your paypal balance but if you were paid in euros then it stays in euros unless you convert it.

You have 2 options.

1. Click on this icon (>) next to your balance and select ''manage currencies'' below the pop up box. In there on the right is the option to convert the euros to sterling BUT check the amount you will get before you click to confirm as FEES apply.

2. You can pay a seller that accepts euros from your euro balance but to do that you need to go back to the same page as above and select ''euros'' as your PRIMARY balance for that transaction. Then when the transaction is complete you can go back and put it back to sterling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SBT1971

Yes, it shows you how much the equivalent is in sterling in your paypal balance but if you were paid in euros then it stays in euros unless you convert it.

You have 2 options.

1. Click on this icon (>) next to your balance and select ''manage currencies'' below the pop up box. In there on the right is the option to convert the euros to sterling BUT check the amount you will get before you click to confirm as FEES apply.

2. You can pay a seller that accepts euros from your euro balance but to do that you need to go back to the same page as above and select ''euros'' as your PRIMARY balance for that transaction. Then when the transaction is complete you can go back and put it back to sterling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.