Are invioces covered for sales of goods?

Tracy9
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been sending invoices to people buying items off me through various facebook buy & sell groups. Someone has said that invoices sent to people to purchase goods off you are not covered, yet when setting up an invoice it asks you for a description of your item and title. You can properley select input a seperate posatge price, you can put photos in, allow partial payment, and input terms and conditions of sale. So how can that not be covered for both buyer & seller if the invoice is set out for items?

They say that the buyer must click sale of goods and send money to your e-mail address, but then all they can do is put in the full amount including postage, so you can't tell from paypal what the postage was as only a full amount was put in, you put the sellers e-mail, you can add a note, but that's it. It does not describe formt he buyers end what they are buying/paying for if you do it that second way.

But what I would like to know if, if there is any truth in the above statement that invoices are not covered for buyer & seller protection for the sale of goods? Thanks from Tracy Fletcher

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracy9

They are talking rubbish.

They have buyer protection if they pay  >>

1. An invoice.

2. A money request.

3. Use the send money > goods / services option.

They do NOT have buyer protection if they pay >>

1. Send money > family / friends.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tracy9
Contributor
Contributor

Hello just wanted ot check becuase it says only seller protection by the invoice option. So sending invoices cover both buyer & seller, if i'm selling goods to be posted?

Login to Me Too

Tracy9
Contributor
Contributor

Now I am being told that if I set up the invoice and write in the terms and condition box, "not returns accepted, no refunds". Then the buyer is not covered by paypal, they have told me that paypal will not help in that case, is that true. And I am told that invoices are jst for buisness's, where odes it say this is for bisness use onIy and not one off privtae sales. have tried contacting paypal by message, but no reply as yet.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracy9

You can write what you like on your invoice but that would not affect the buyers protection as paypal terms overrule yours. If a buyer files a dispute for non receipt or item not as described then paypal make the decision and your 'no return or refund' policy is meaningless.

Most non-business sellers send money requests if they are not business sellers but you can send an invoice if you want to, it just allows you to customise it more. OR you can just give your buyers your email address and they can send the money via send money > goods / services. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.