Fees when selling on Ebay

bear8120
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - am hoping to sell a car on ebay with payment via Paypal - can't find what fees I would be charged by paypalfor the transacyion and withdrawing the funds (c £10,000) - should be an easy question  but can't find the answer.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bear8120

Well its an easy question that i don't want to answer  >> because you have NO SELLER PROTECTION for selling a car on Paypal and its the LAST payment method that I would use.

There is also an ongoing scam involving cars on Ebay etc + Paypal. Soooo if you get someone contact you saying that they can't 'view' the car as they are disabled or buying it for someone else or in the military etc then its a scam. They will send you a FAKE email that looks as if its from paypal telling you to pay the shipping agent or courier via moneygram or western union BEFORE the funds show in your paypal balance.

Why not accept good ole cash on collection OR get the buyer to do a direct bank transfer at your house after he has inspected the car? Then you have cash in hand / no risk of a chargeback / no paypal fee   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bear8120

Well its an easy question that i don't want to answer  >> because you have NO SELLER PROTECTION for selling a car on Paypal and its the LAST payment method that I would use.

There is also an ongoing scam involving cars on Ebay etc + Paypal. Soooo if you get someone contact you saying that they can't 'view' the car as they are disabled or buying it for someone else or in the military etc then its a scam. They will send you a FAKE email that looks as if its from paypal telling you to pay the shipping agent or courier via moneygram or western union BEFORE the funds show in your paypal balance.

Why not accept good ole cash on collection OR get the buyer to do a direct bank transfer at your house after he has inspected the car? Then you have cash in hand / no risk of a chargeback / no paypal fee   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bear8120
Contributor
Contributor

Thansk so much - apprecaited and I'll take your advice on that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.