Appeal a dispute decision

Dogspods
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a pair of running shoes online, paid the extra for next day delivery but item was never received. Checked the tracking info supplied and it stated the shoes were "posted through letter box", checked with neighbours to make sure they accepted a parcel on my behalf. Contacted seller, no responce. Opened claim with paypal, still no reply from seller, escalated it to a dispute but the descission went in favour of the seller as "the tracking info supplied shows the items were delivered" - How can a pair of shoes be "posted through a letterbox" ??

How can i appeal this desicion?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Dogspods,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Claims can be appealed within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘View’ in the action column.
5. Click 'Submit information for appeal' and follow the online instructions.

Note: The option to appeal will only be available for 10 days after case closure.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Dogspods
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, but following the steps in your reply the only option I'm given is "appeal the decision in an Item Not Received case if you eventually received the item you bought, but it wasn't what the seller described in their listing"
Login to Me Too

Barrackboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have no option to submit additional information after clicking 'View', the dispute was closed yesterday by PayPal (within a few minutes of me opening it) so within the 10 day window you referenced.  I've emailed additional information to complaint response email address.  Is that enough or should I call?

Thanks

BB

Login to Me Too

Pm2702
New Community Member
I did not receive an order for my grandchildren's 2 presents so i open a dispute, low & behold paypal ruled in the sellers favour, so i am £35+ out of pocket due to sellers proof of having a pic of a front door! All the doors on my road are the same! No signature, just a pic of a door! And yet i am the one with no goods & lost my money! How is this fare?? I will not be buying with paypal again unless seller has signed for delivery. Paypal should be ashamed letting company's keep hard earned money with no proof of postage! A door pic could be an average door pic they give to paypal!! Utterly disgusted at the way i have been dismissed as a liar, from one out of pocket grandmother!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.