Amount from EBay sale in email from Paypal is different to amount on PayPal balance

DaveCox
Contributor
Contributor

The amount of money I was told I received in an email from PayPal (from an eBay sale of £78 GBP) is different from the actual amount when I check my PayPal balance on the website (it says I've received £75 GBP) what on earth is going on? any ideas on how I query this with Pyalpal please? Thanks , D

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaveCox

Your paypal fee is deducted from the buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your paypal account balance.

So the fee is 3.4% + 20p per transaction which equals from a £78 payment a fee of £2.85 so you should have had £75.15 credited to your paypal balance.

Is the 15p missing is that what you are querying?

Ebays fee is invoiced on a monthly basis so you probably won't be charged that for a while.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaveCox

Your paypal fee is deducted from the buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your paypal account balance.

So the fee is 3.4% + 20p per transaction which equals from a £78 payment a fee of £2.85 so you should have had £75.15 credited to your paypal balance.

Is the 15p missing is that what you are querying?

Ebays fee is invoiced on a monthly basis so you probably won't be charged that for a while.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DaveCox
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks that makes sense. I forgot there was a PayPal fee too , cheers, D

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.