jamesle-0812
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I've signed up an account long time ago, using my primary email. However, I've never used that account. Recently I need to use Paypal but I can't login the account so I've created a new one with a new random email. My question is is it possible to delete the old account to navigate my primary email to the new account? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@jamesle-0812 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I read your concern and it looks like you already tried recovering your old Paypal account using that old email but was unsuccessful. You may close the old account and start using the new one. Once old account is closed, then you may use the old email on the newly created Paypal account.  

Reminders : You can't close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance.  Since you are unable to access your account online, Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Login to Me Too

jamesle-0812
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't login to my Paypal acc. I've tried to call Paypal center but I can't get anyone. Maybe I'll tried later!
Login to Me Too

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@jamesle-0812 Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have limited customer service staffing. You may send us a message so we can take a closer look on your account. Go to to the bottom of paypal page > Click help> click contact us > email us. Stay Safe 🙂
Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jamesle-0812  Yes, it is possible to delete the old account either you or a customer service representative can do it (however this one needs a full account verification). You can try to reset the password first of your old PayPal account by clicking on How do I reset my PayPal password if I've forgotten it? Once you are able to reset your password and access the account, you can close the account by clicking How do I close my PayPal account? If you are still having issues, please reach out to us by clicking CONTACT link on the bottom part of your PayPal account page. Hope this helps. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.