got lazy and used UggBarn.com

jhbrooks
Contributor
Contributor

I think I blew it... UggBarn.com looks great but there are some hints that the site is a fraud. The biggest one in my mind is that the "VeriSign" seal at the bottom of the site (www.uggbarn.com) doesn't link to anything. Another flag was the paypal.com experience didn't reference the company as you would expect. The transaction was confirmed with some Chinese text for the name. I was surprised that there was no way to do a reverse look-up on the VeriSign account and they took little interested in the situation. They said if the logo isn't liked it's clearly a case that they are pirating the seal logo. They said this happens often (duh) but I was surprised they didn't see to care to do anything about it.

I don't get burned often and stick to larger sites... but my guard was down here. Live and learn. My VISA company said they would be happy to help so we're going to wait to see what ships and when. I have 60 days to refute the charges.

JB

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

a21storm
New Community Member

I did the exact same thing, and now I am feeling that sick to my stomach feeling wondering if I made a huge mistake. I read on the "about us" section of their site that they were based in California, so I felt my heart sink when I saw everything coming through in Chinese....uh oh!!!  My payment went through right away.  I received an e-mail saying it shipped.  When I went to the site to track my package, I get an error message saying "no information for this tracking"....ughhhhhhhh.  I think I made a big mistake. 😞  I feel, as you do, well...I was lazy.  I'm usually better about these things.  I placed my order on December 10, so I will see what happens and whether or not I receive anything.  If I do not receive anything in about three weeks, I will at least try to file a dispute on pay pal.  It will be interesting to see if either of us receives what we ordered.  Good luck to you!

Login to Me Too

nov
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me except from a different site "Martuggs.com" this site looked like it was a real site  but  when I went on today the site was suspended and I was just wondering if there would be a way to get my money back. i ordered my good 12/5/10 and still nothing this is sick how people are scmming people. whats even worst i paid through paypal you would think they wouldnt have fraudulent customers.

Login to Me Too

susanhsieh2
New Community Member

Can't believe you did not get your order?  I emailed them and told they were a dishonest company and my husband worked for the government and I would make sure to report them.  I too paid for my boots around 12/08/10 and had not received them until I sent them the email about being a dishonest company. Then I received the boots in Jan.05 and realized as soon as I open the box it was fake b/c the leather and sheepwool did not have that certain smell that leather and wool would have. So I emailed them again and chewed them out but they have not responded to me at all for a return address b/c I know they do not want to give me my money back. I would love to get the website off and would be all for it to help if others knew what to do about getting this website off.

Login to Me Too

jhbrooks
Contributor
Contributor

I'm calling visa today. I got a "we're sorry your order was delayed but it's shipped now. The site given to track the number is www.speedpost.com (actually speedpost.com.sg) which is for sale and invalid, respecitvely. www.uggbarn.com is a total hack/fraud.

Login to Me Too

jhbrooks
Contributor
Contributor

To my surprise I got the shipment from UggBarn.com. I accepted the shipment and canceled my dispute with Visa. We'll see how the boots hold up... this was a good reminder for me to be more careful in the future.

I checked out http://martuggs.com/ and they too have a dead link for verisign. Sigh.

Login to Me Too

ScrappyHappy
Contributor
Contributor

Those are counterfeits made in China.

Login to Me Too

jlbchhlz
Contributor
Contributor

I stupidly did the same and the boots are counterfeit.    The stitching in the back is caught up in fur, it didn't come in the appropriate type box and it also didn't come with the correct type of pamphlets.  I feel like a fool.  Lesson learned.  If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Login to Me Too

kwetmore327
New Community Member

After my daughter begged me for these, I, too, bought the "Uggs" and received them 2 weeks later, after Christmas.  They are clearly fakes -- what sheepskin pulls apart into 2 layers?!  I've been trying to return them, sending an email within 14 days of receipt per their website (3 times) with no response.  Btw, their website boasts "365 Day Return Policy".  IF they do return my money, they are also taking $20.00 out of the proceeds to pay for the "free" shipping from China -- also noted on their website "FREE shipping both ways!".

I just got onto the site and went through the checkout steps to see what payments they'd accept and I got this response:

"All our staff are in vocation now. Please make your order 1 month later."

Nice.

I am planning on turning this company in since they are clearly cheating customers. 

Kelly

Login to Me Too

susanhsieh2
New Community Member

Yes, Uggbarn is a fraud company. They sent me fake boots inside and out. Their website is a total scam and fraud. The company is actually based in China but their website did not show it. When I received the boots I emailed them to get a return address but they never sent me one b/c they did not want me to get a refund even though their website stated they would give you a full refund. I would love to get their website off so others would not get cheated but I do not know how. So for now I will just have to get word out for others not to buy from them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.