Technical items? Lol @ how paypal handles 'refunds' regarding items they know nothing about.

Borborygm
Contributor
Contributor

So, I sold a highly modified android device that was flashed to another carrier, custom, for an individual. It was a dual band device, and the owner doesn't want to have to 'roam' in his tri-band area... after he purchased the item.

Just to add your esn [which only pends for under a month in the metropcs database before you can no longer activate it] costs money. Then, spending hours and hours and using multiple services to pay for a full flash of said device custom tailored to the owners number... and the owner wants a refund because some metro place wouldn't activate the device [the one near him won't do third party devices, but most will, and i gave him a list of locations].

The paypal email said the device would be returned in original condition... which is impossible because the owner had the metro shop attempt to modify the settings, and because the esn is no longer "available" to be activated because it's over the one month timeframe... meaning paypal is confused about what the **bleep** "original condition" means.

Also, it was listed in the claim as missing parts, which is NOT true. It was software related, and the buyer was lazy. Paypal needs to have advanced members on it's team to handle items that they allow to be sold, but yet can't understand.

Paypal... this is my first and last transaction with you if this goes through on a refund... the costs involve for the software actuall outweigh the cost for the device itself... and the user modified it... after the fact.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.