Outlook Issue

Ndlovu
New Community Member

I received an email and when I try to open the email is locks up my outlook and then opens a window with the following "\\102.112.207.net\6\ss\PAYPALGLOBAL\1\G.4-NS". this will keep happening until I am able to click off the email.

Any ideas as to what is going on.

Ndlovu

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

CADLearning
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried calling the tech support line.  After a few minutes of automated Q&A I was told that "the system is experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later".  Then it hung up.

PayPal has always been good except for lousy service and the most unfriendly website on Earth.  The merchant site.

Login to Me Too

rfr88
Contributor
Contributor

It has become very obvious that PayPal does not even loook at these Forums. When researching PayPal Community Help, I found this header:

Using the PayPal Community Help Forum

Jan-12-201011:29 AM - last edited on Jun-13-201102:13 PM by PayPal_OliviaAdministrator 

Login to Me Too

DaneCreekPhoto
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Every PayPal mail I open in Outlook 2010 causes it to go unresponsive for several minutes. Please fix this, it makes it rather difficult to process my sales.

Neil

Login to Me Too

MisterEd
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is fixed.  Just got 3 emails, removed the HOSTS entry, and had no problem opening them.

If you are still having problems after the host file "fix" go to a command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey all,

I have actually been monitoring this issue fairly closely because I do realize the inconvenience that it has caused you.  According to our engineers, the emails have been fixed as of yesterday afternoonish.  Any payment notifications received before that sadly would not be corrected, but going forward things should be working just as well as they did before this whole issue cropped up.

Again, I sincerely apologize on behalf of PayPal for the trouble this may have caused your business.  And if you find that emails from today onward are still freezing up your email client, please post here and we'll get it looked at again.

Andy

Login to Me Too

stihlfixing
Contributor
Contributor

Andy,

Are you or paypal or ebay going to pay me back for the 2 days of time I spent trying to fix your problem? My rate is $200/hr and I spent 22 hrs last week for this.

Login to Me Too

NormP
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL to Pay Everyone for their inconvenience..

The good news is they will be sending a payment to everyone thru regular payment received notices.

The bad news is there will be some embedded code that will lock up your email for 5 years..

In reality they have no desire to pay anyone for any of their problems and your delays, but if you delay shipping to a customer they will hold your funds util customer gets around to telling them they received the item they purchased.. It's all about making money at PayPal don't you know.. so expect nothing at all..  spend your extra time trying to find another payment processor I was told.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Dear PayPal_Andy,

are you a official PayPal representative?

It sounds good that you have fixed the problem in new mails.. but I still have the problem that the code from the old mails seems to be embedded elsewhere in Outlook 2010 than only in the mails.

I have deleted all mails which have caused the problem but still outlook tries to connect at startup to this UNC path!

In the starting splash screen you can see still the attempt of connecting.

When do you think you can fix this problem in cooperation with Microsoft?

best regards

Niko

Login to Me Too

MisterEd
Contributor
Contributor

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Dear PayPal_Andy,

are you a official PayPal representative?

It sounds good that you have fixed the problem in new mails.. but I still have the problem that the code from the old mails seems to be embedded elsewhere in Outlook 2010 than only in the mails.

I have deleted all mails which have caused the problem but still outlook tries to connect at startup to this UNC path!

In the starting splash screen you can see still the attempt of connecting.

When do you think you can fix this problem in cooperation with Microsoft?

best regards

Niko

Make sure messages are deleted from all folders in cluding "DELETED MESSAGES."  Also try flushing your DNS from a command prompt.

Go to command prompt and do  IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS 

Login to Me Too

evildrome
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad this has been fixed but I must object to the length of time taken to fix what was a fairly serious issue.

The problem was one of the image links pointing to a nonexistent URI. This would have taken a competent programmer an hour to fix, one or two hours to test in the sandbox and then another hour to get it into the live system. Total time 4 hours.

Total actual time taken:

one month 4 days

Is that supposed to be a joke?  There can be no excuse for this whatsoever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.