I think I just got Scammed out of $300 anyone know how to get off hold, have proof too ;/

Brandonsixx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I just sold my old WoW account to someone, after he payed me, i sent him the info and he said it was all good, about 20 min later he opened a dispute for absolutely no reason 😕
I even have proof , i have the whole conversation in screen shots and even saved the chat log, and i KNOW he will not respond to my response on the dispute he opened against me, does anyone know how to let my money off hold? I mean its $300 that I kinda really need :/, does anyone know If I would be able to get the money? Or did i just get completely scammed out of $300 that paypal has no intention of helping me get?
Thanks every1

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, Paypal isn'y going to help you because they state quite clearly in their User Agreement that they offer no protection for sales of virtual goods.

However, that's not nessarily the end of the story.

Paypal ALSO provides no BUYER protection for purchases of virtual goods - if your buyer filed for "Item not received", point out that this was delivered and tht there is no buyer protection for virtual goods ( some of paypal's people aren't really smart, you have to point out the obvious to them).

If they filed for "unauthorized use", though, you're pooched.

Someone else has also suggested that you go back through WoW and claim the account was hacked, since WoW rules forbid accounts from being sold.  You might try that as well.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, Paypal isn'y going to help you because they state quite clearly in their User Agreement that they offer no protection for sales of virtual goods.

However, that's not nessarily the end of the story.

Paypal ALSO provides no BUYER protection for purchases of virtual goods - if your buyer filed for "Item not received", point out that this was delivered and tht there is no buyer protection for virtual goods ( some of paypal's people aren't really smart, you have to point out the obvious to them).

If they filed for "unauthorized use", though, you're pooched.

Someone else has also suggested that you go back through WoW and claim the account was hacked, since WoW rules forbid accounts from being sold.  You might try that as well.

Login to Me Too

Brandonsixx
Contributor
Contributor

Oh so I call paypal and tell them  it was a virtual good and im good? Because i left a nioe saying it was a virtual item, and stated pretty clearly that it was a sale of a virtual accoun in the dispute center. Thanks Alot 🙂

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You MAY win the dispute that way - it's not guaranteed.

And you must reply within the dispute - calling paypal won't work unless they put it in the dispute.

Login to Me Too

Day
Contributor
Contributor

@surplusdealdude

This doesnt apply to the item that has been sent out and still unpaid by the scammer though her name is on my pending request money?????????????? the item that I sent out has reached Nigeria and her name is still on a pending request money..............after knowing that Ive been scammed I deleted my paypal account I fear that they might hack my account! I cant blame myself for being taking extra care this time as it was my first time to use paypal and I got scammed!

Login to Me Too

bosco14500
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yes anyone from nigeria i automatically avoid. Im sure there are lots of lovely people there but it is also filled with scammers.

Login to Me Too

sean_ut

Just out of curiosity, who did you sell this to?

Login to Me Too

bosco14500
Contributor
Contributor

It may take awhile but, perhaps if you can prove that this person is a scammer (maybe by their history) then you could win?

Login to Me Too

DOliver56
New Community Member

I also believe I got scammed by someone and as a result, Ebay suspended my buyer account.  Apparently someone purchased two items using my ebay info and then suddenly I get this email from ebay that these w ere never paid for so they suspended my account for non payment.  I never got an invoice, don[t even know who the seller was so Im trying to appeal  the matter..  In the meantime I had other items I had bid on and won but couldn't pay for them because ebay wo  uldn't let me send the money to my other sellers.   So I finally got a response from ebay to contact my other sellers to see if they would agree to accept the money I owe them which would resolve the whole issue.  Its all so stupid.  Ebay really **bleep**ed me with this suspension.  They didn't even give me a chance to defend myself. 

I really feel bad for you though because you lost $300 as a result of someone taking advantage of you.  Paypal  is supposed to have some kind of protection for sellers when this kind of  stuff happens.  Maybe you should file a police report or something.   Not that they'll do anything about it either but to at least have something on record about the money.  Leave a papertrail and maybe keep bugging ebay and paypal.   I tell you if I ever get my issue resolved I don't think I'll ever do business  through ebay again especially after the way they treated me and now after hearing your story.  Times are so hard right now for everyone which is why we buy from ebay to save money and sell on ebay to try and make money.  The world is an awful place right now.  It just disgusts me  how people treat good honest people like you and me.  I do hope you get your money back  somehow.   if this person had a buyer account through   paypal then  paypal should try and get the money from their paypal account.   I used to be a seller and  they did that to me.  Paypal said I owed some freelance employment company money so they just took it from my paypal account.  It turned out to be a fictitious company in New Zealand and I  lost about $100. I then promptly closed my paypal account after that.  Good luck - and I do hope  you get your money back.  - Debbie oliver

Login to Me Too

sweettee8
Contributor
Contributor

I was **bleep**ed out of several hundred dollars for fake items from three Chinese sellers who apparently know eachother from the address on the labels......items entered the US in bulk when I paid for separate shipping and handling...was unable to return because the addresses weren't valid and had no name to direct the items.

I feel your frustration, because I did everything I was asked to do and due to the legal issues dealing with China all but four of my transactions were closed in the favor of the seller...get that!

I'm not sure that Ebay or PayPal really cares...I had numerous communications with both and had form responses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.