I didn't trust my gut and I got scammed!!!!!

superd
New Community Member

You would think that a person could safely post items to sell on craigslist, and an honest person truly interested would respond and therefore purchase item, I mean, that's why we have sites like paypal! BOY was I wrong!!! I made a very expensive mistake in trusting a LIZDEE in an interest in my product. The e-mails I received looked like e-mails from paypal. My name was used, on their letterhead, EVERYTHING, and no funds received! I was told first 6 hours, then 48 hours, then I was told I was getting an extra $200.00, then I was told I had to REFUND the $200.00 I NEVER RECEIVED.....The tiny little bit of trust that I may have had in doing this transaction, or with ANYBODY, has been blown! They have my product, I have no money! If anyone can help, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, because this affects all of us trying to do business honestly. LIZDEE (her real name is Shanice Handy) you reap what you sow, and this has only begun for you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Your mistake was in not following procedure.

Always check to make sure the money is in your account before shipping.  If it doesn't show, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON, don't ship.

The only possibility now is for you to recall the package and, if it's been 48 hours, you're too late, sorry.

BTW, the names are all made up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.