Buyer scammed me, what now?

KristianK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I hope somebody is able to help me! Cause I am lost and sad 😞

Background story(ill keep it sort):

I was selling an online service, and found a buyer.

We agreed to a price and the buyer sent me the money. I logged into my account and saw that the money was not cleared due to waiting time with eCheck. I told the buyer that, I would not trade him before I recieved the money.

The buyer asked a friend to send me the money instant, and so he did. I recieved my money and traded with him.

A couple of days later, i recieve this mail:

"An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the
following transaction...."

The buyer claim he didnt recieve the service and want his money back.

I log into my paypal account to try resolve this. First of all i sent paypal a "note"(I think that is what paypal call it) about what happend, and after that I upload 7 pictures of our skype conservasation where it clearly shows he recieved the service and his friend sent me the money.

While uploading the pictures, paypal direct me to a "POST error" site. 5 minutes later i recieve a mail that paypal refunded the buyers money and the case has been resolved.

The buyer scammed me, he recieved my service and got his money back.

What should I do? I am really lost and sad.

We are talking about 530 euro!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

court77
Contributor
Contributor

this recently happened to me as well, i have all the documented proof and spoke to people at paypal, who basically let me know that there was nothing they could do about it and that i'm **bleep**ed.  They were no help what so ever, maybe they may be able to help you:(

Login to Me Too

tcomp
Contributor
Contributor

This is bull**bleep**!, a buyer just did it to me. He filed a chargeback with the credit card company and got his money back, saying he did not authorize the charge, when I have all the proof that the buyer received the item and sent me messages about the item and how it was when he received. tracking numbers and all. Now I am down $280 and my item. Paypal's investigators **bleep**, great job to have a big company help **bleep** over the people that pay them for the assistance of the transaction, and help the crooks be crooks.

Login to Me Too

robbietunes
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won't help you.  They've been paid.

They don't care about you, just your fees.

Login to Me Too

jadetuk
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too,

Sending a ring to a buyer that bought it on Ebay for £100.

Nearly FOUR months later, I got an email saying

'A review of recent transactions indicates that you received a payment that
the PayPal account holder did not authorise.'

Then they refunded his money and no one will help me.

Everywhere to buyers, paypal are saying that they can't refund after 45 days, but here they have!

They said they need the receipt (because I sent the item recorded delivery) but I can't find it anywhere as I have moved house since I sold the ring.

Royal mail won't do anything to help either, they said they won't be able to search for the receipt without the number which is on the receipt.

Login to Me Too

miscel
New Community Member

same thing happened with me? I got fradued for 100 $. HOw can paypal let people do this?

Login to Me Too

natethegreat790
New Community Member

i got scammed & 2mon. later my paypal account is in the negative how can i not sell an item ? but let the buyer take the item i sold & leave me with a bill PayPal is a joke i'd rather use my credit/debit card X the middle man PayPal is a joke now they have a collection agency to collect money that i sold i want my item back PayPal  'cause this isnt going to get resolved im not giving up a $195 for money i earned 

Login to Me Too

robbietunes
Contributor
Contributor

Well, now you've been scammed, and PayPal will aid and abet it.  That's what PayPal does.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.